Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking a driven Health & Safety Coordinator. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and help drive health and safety in one of our Fulfilment Centres (FCs).
Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing business: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In this crucial health and safety position, you’ll report into the Health and Safety Manager, as part of a shift-based role.
· Undertake risk assessments as required, while proactively following up on control measures until complete
· Complete daily metrics and callouts
· Take a Deep Dive into Fulfilment Centre data, as you monitor recordable incidents on-site
· Leveraging your Auditor-level knowledge of Amazon’s procedures and legal requirements, you’ll advise associates and managers accordingly
· Become a subject matter expert in your specific level of competence, while staying vigilant and not disclosing any sensitive information outside of your particular level
· Consistently monitor your Fulfilment Centre, keeping an eye on compliance with Amazon’s safety procedures
· Investigate accidents, near misses and any incidents, as you establish root cause
· Update internal records regarding incidents, near misses and accidents
· Undertake action plans to ensure continuing, sustained compliance with legislation
· Conduct yourself professionally at all times: you maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations
· Flexibility: you’re willing and able to cover non-traditional shifts-including nights and weekends-during peak periods.
· NVQ Level 3 or NEBOSH National General Certificate; either you’ve already achieved one of these qualifications, or you are working towards this goal
· You possess a meticulous level of sustained attention-to-detail
· You have a proven ability to work to targets and deadlines
· Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, while closely adhering to new processes and procedures
· You’re able to work independently, at times under minimum levels of supervision
· You’re flexible and adaptable; able to meet the needs of the business head on
· Great team player: you contribute to a positive and healthy team environment
· You bring plenty of drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with you each day
· Solid computer literacy and skills
· You’re a great communicator, both verbally and in writing.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'