Our Client, a well-established Health and Safety Consultancy based in Birmingham City Centre are looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team.
This is a genuine opportunity to develop your career within the field of Health and Safety.
A competitive starting salary of £20,000 -£25,000 will be offered to the successful candidate.
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will be required to:-
- Write and amend Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Undertake COSHH Assessments.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Support in the preparation of all H&S documentation.
- Advise Clients on best practice with the aim of preventing accidents, injuries and health problems in the workplace.
- Prepare Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Construction Phase Plans.
- Ensure all documentation is in line with current H&S legislation.
- Work with Clients to prepare and submit applications for SSIP schemes and PQQs.
- Provide advice on general safety requirements to include; training, legislation, accident recording and protective clothing and equipment.
- CompletingSSIP applications including CHAS, SMAS and SafeContractor.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Experience of working within health and safety, ideally as a Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Experience working within the construction sector (desirable not essential).
- Experience completing SSIP applications, (CHAS, SafeContractor.)
- Experience undertaking risk assessments.
- Knowledge of CAR 2012 Regulations (desirable.)
- Good administration skills.
- Minimum IOSH Managing Safety qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- A tactful but assertive manner.
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to cope under pressure.
- Good commercial awareness.
Benefits to include:-
- Competitive starting salary of£20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
- Opportunity to progress within Health and Safety.
- The position will be ideally office based, however there is flexibility to work from home for the right candidate.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am- 5.30pm.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holiday.
- Private medical insurance after probationary period.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Health Safety
- Risk Assessments