Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
Role: Health and Safety Advisor
Pay: £16.40 PAYE / £20.76 LTD
Contract: 18 Months
Description of the job
Currently we are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join the team in Broughton. This role will report functionally and operationally to the Broughton Plant Safety Manager.
As a Health and Safety Advisor you will support and enable the business to create an inclusive, values-driven and engaging working environment with the highest safety standards.
Investigate new ways of working to boost empowerment, accountability and collaboration to ensure the plant complies with all legal requirements.
This role has been graded AP level
- Support the implementation of UK policy for occupational health and safety management.
- Work closely with and support the efforts of all members of the UK Department.
- Support business units in Broughton and the UK (as required) to ensure they implement local plans to deliver health and safety policy objectives and ensure those business units maintain health and safety management system standards.
- Provide professional and pragmatic support for the business, helping to drive improvements on a day to day basis.
- Assist the business to prevent injury, ill health and loss, ensuring the organisation reduces its accident and incident rates.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents in the business area are reported and appropriately investigated, and all necessary improvement actions recorded and tracked to completion.
- Assist the business identify potential hazards that could lead to injury, ill health and loss by actively supporting the risk assessment process whilst also ensuring the control and management of risks within the work environment.
- Undertake periodic compliance audits and other appropriate monitoring activities including housekeeping audits identifying improvements that can then be implemented in a practical manner.
- Provide data and reports on health and safety performance from the business areas as required.
- Assist the local business areas deliver safety training strategies that meet the needs of compliance, policy and production.
- Maintain a local meeting structure to ensure effective communication and consultation with internal stakeholders, e.g. Custodians, business managers, Trades Union Representatives, Local Controllers and Champions.
- Assist the business units with the development of, tools and processes to support effective health and safety management, compliance, data capture and reporting.
- A minimum of NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Diploma / degree level H&S qualification
- Can demonstrate up to 5 years' experience in a similar role reporting to and working with key stakeholders on all matters concerning Health and Safety in a dedicated safety advisor role.
- Have first-hand experience of formal risk assessment techniques.
- Have relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing and technical working projects which have required Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC knowledge.
- You have to be a considerate team player who also has the ability to work autonomously off their own initiative with a positive attitude whilst working to the expected behaviours.
- A clear understanding of the pragmatic and practical application of health and safety standards.
- Good working knowledge of office ICT systems and software, in particular MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other recognised IT systems.
- Experience of Construction Design & Management.
- Knowledge of Environment risk management.
- Project management skills
- Occupational Hygiene knowledge
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'