HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
My client are one of the industry’s best known, and well-respected names within the access services field.
Due to our continued success, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor covering the South East of England.
As the H&S Advisor, you will provide professional advice, assistance and support to the UK & CI Infrastructure business on all Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality issues to meet moral, legal and corporate obligations.
Key Responsibilities Of The Health & Safety Advisor
- Design and deliver focused training and support material to advise on safe systems of work and current best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of UK Region
- Advise UK Region, management of relevant changes to legislation and Approved Codes of Practice
- Make regular visits to sites and branches to inspect, advise, provide solutions to problems and audit
- Champion safety, health and environmental management system and safe working practices
- Participating in all EHSQ initiatives including assisting with tasks to assist the sites to meet their KPI’s
- Providing assistance to ensure requests regarding Site & Regional Office initiatives and requests for information are completed on time
- Supporting the business to work towards attaining IMS certification
- Gather and exchange information with colleagues, enforcing agencies and customers in order to keep abreast of legislation and progressive methods of achieving and maintaining safe working practices
Skills & Experience Required
- A working knowledge of safety, health and environment legislation
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (minimum requirement)
- Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (MIOSH)
- Previous experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous, but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with all employees
- Effective in communicating: writing reports, listening and presenting when leading training courses
- Able to interpret H&S law and to present this for effective understanding and application.
- Diplomatic yet assertive in dealing with problems and issues
- Able to produce and deliver training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office Programmes (Computer Literate)
- Hold a valid and current driving licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"