Health and Safety Advisor
Home/Field Based (with regular national travel)
£25,000 - £28,000 Plus Car Allowance and a Fantastic Range of Benefits
If you’ve got experience of working in a regulatory or compliance environment, an in-depth understanding of CDM regulations and processes and a NEBOSH General Certificate, this is an incredible opportunity to join a ground-breaking security business at an exciting time in their evolution.
Offering pioneering security solutions across the globe, our client specialises in ensuring customers’ safety, protection and peace of mind. They are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their UK team.
Dedicated to operating at the forefront of technology, our client is always growing their service offering to meet customers’ needs.
Such electronic security installations often require ground works, renovations to pre-existing systems and maintenance activities which in turn may involve erecting CCTV towers, digging trenches, running subterranean or roof void duct works and working at height - all of these must be completed in-line with the Construction, Design & Management (CDM) regulations.
In this important role, you will become a key player in helping our client to manage health and safety compliance requirements that have traditionally not impacted their service delivery model.
As a Health and Safety Advisor, you will ensure that our client completes installation works in compliance with CDM regulations.
Reporting to the EHS Manager, you will help to establish and maintain operating systems to ensure that our client meets current health and safety legislation.
Specifically, you will:
- Take a leading role in the development of site-specific H&S plans
- Ensure that any risks are minimised
- Help to implement procedures to ensure compliance with CDM 2015 regulations
- Coach Senior Managers in their personal and corporate obligations under CDM
- Ensure that third party contractors are evaluated, monitored and supervised
- Perform inspections and audits
- Spend approximately three days per week visiting sites
- Attend meetings at our principal offices on an ad-hoc basis
To be considered, you will need:
- Strong knowledge of CDM regulations and practical experience on CDM process
- Experience of working in a regulatory/compliance environment
- Experience of working with contractors to create an open and collaborative environment
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
Proactive and decisive, as a Health and Safety Advisor, you’ll have excellent communication and relationship-building skills. A highly organised approach and strong problem-solving abilities are also key.
Ideal candidates will be based within easy reach of Milton Keynes; however, this role is open to any suitably skilled applicants who are willing to travel.
This is a full time role working 9am - 5pm.
To apply for the role of Health and Safety Advisor, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Health and Safety Advisor, EHS Advisor, H&S Officer, H&S Advisor, CDM Compliance Advisor, CDM Advisor, Compliance Officer, Regulatory Compliance Advisor, Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor.