Health and Safety Advisor needed in Essex
My clients are a well-established main contractor based in Essex who is seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join the team. They work in the Education, Residential, Commercial and Health care sectors on both new build and refurbishment projects.
Health and Safety Advisor
Long Term career opportunity
Salary £30K - £40K
- Lead by example to embed a positive Health and Safety Culture
- Promote H&S at Management Level
- In liaison with the Health & Safety Manager, ensure that there are sufficient resources/funds are available to meet the requirements of the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and policy by notifying the Health and Safety Manager of any deficiencies and remedial action required
- Ensure that lines of communication are robust and are available to all staff and managers regarding H&S matters.
- Attend meetings with the Managing Director and Health and Safety Manager
- Reviewing, maintain, amending and updating the company Health and Safety Policy in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Attending meetings
- Assisting Managers with site set up
- Preparing Construction Phase Plans
- Conducting site visits
- Conducting site audits/Inspections
- Preparing reports
- Keeping and analysing statistics in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Preparing, reviewing and updating company Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Reviewing sub-contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Preparing training programs and delivering in house training and on site in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Maintaining accreditation to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Carrying out internal audits for the purposes of ISO accreditation in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Maintaining accreditation to CHAS and Construction Line
- Liaising with the company insurers from time to time regarding health and safety matters and to provide information requested
- Providing legal health and safety research and technical health and safety support to managers.
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation and news and communicating changes and updates
- Initiating, preparing and running Health and Safety campaigns in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Undergoing own training and maintaining CPD
- NEBOSH Construction
If you would like to be considered for the role of Health and Safety Advisor in Essex, Please submit your CV or call Matt on !
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job