Health and Safety Advisor - Argyll and Bute - Competitive Salary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health & Safety professional to join a growing team, working within the Health, Safety & Environment department at HM Naval Base Clyde.
The successful candidate will work closely with staff at all levels with a focus on the Safety Management System and compliance regime by managing and discharging the Health and Safety audit regime requirement.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Supporting the company in maintaining compliance with statutory, legislative and customer requirements and the operation of its Business Management System (BMS) (ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001) covering the effective management of health, safety and environment through:
- Continuous development of the Health and Safety Management System
- Management and undertaking of the Health and Safety Audit Regime to assure compliance with the above noted
- Identification and capture of management system excursions through the corrective action process
- Work collaboratively with the site to identify suitable corrective actions and monitor closure
- Work collaboratively with the site and other key departments to identify and progress learning from experience
- Conduct Health and Safety investigations
- Conduct risk assessment reviews
- Providing specialist H&S knowledge and advice to business stakeholders.
You will demonstrate previous experience working in professional Health & Safety roles. A thorough understanding of relevant legal and statutory frameworks and a high level of competence in the functional and technical skills required of a Health and Safety Practitioner are essential for this role. Ideally, we’re looking for previous experience gained within an engineering or construction environment. Key areas of competency we require are as follows:
- Minimum of Diploma in Health & Safety
- Comprehensive understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all delegated and quasi legislation
- Lead Auditor certification preferably in OHSAS 18001
- Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health or working towards same
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; the role holder will be required to produce and present formal reports
- Excellent organisational and time management skills; able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Confident and assertive, with well-developed influencing skills
- Competent user of MS Office suite of software
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Natalie McGeoch at HRC Recruitment using the apply online now link
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.