- This is a 3 month contract
- The role may involve some travel, during normal hours, to other sites in the borough.
- To support the Corporate Health and Safety Manager with administrative tasks, systems management and oversight of health and safety reporting as may be required
- To undertake and complete satisfactorily the tasks described in the principal accountabilities and responsibilities whilst maintaining high standards of internal and external customer satisfaction
- To support managers and staff members in understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities for health and safety in completing risk assessments and ensuring legal compliance with for example, but not limited to, COSHH, manual handling, lone working, PPE
- To deliver learning and development programmes, including workshops and tool-box talks, to ensure effective health and safety systems and practice.
- Plan the implementation of programmes of action to address priorities for health and safety improvements where identified or required. Programmes will include creative and innovative ways of promoting positive H&S action
- Provide sound and timely professional, legal and technical advice and assistance to ensure effective health and safety management systems, incorporating risk assessment are established and maintained
- Monitor the management of health and safety risks and fulfilment of relevant legal duties across the council
- Establish and maintain a record-keeping system and initiate necessary follow-up action to meet the objectives.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated regulatory frameworks applicable in a local authority setting
- Application of best practice in managing health and safety risks which are prominent in the Council's profile
- Experience of health and safety in schools is desirable
- CMIOSH or GradIOSH working towards chartered membership (note - may be required to evidence CPD activity) or hold equivalent professional memberships in IIRSM
- To hold the NEBOSH diploma or certificate, or NCRQ diploma or certificate in applied health and safety, or equivalent level qualification
- Good working understanding of the local government system in England, with particular awareness of the health and safety risks and legal duties
- Significant experience in the field of occupational safety and health in a large, complex organisation and in particular in health and safety management systems, risk assessment and controls, compliance, monitoring, investigation and recording, workplace hazards (including fire safety, musculoskeletal, electrical, chemical, biological, physical and psychological) and control measures
- Experience of establishing and implementing action plans to ensure effective health and safety management across complex services
- Experience of developing & delivering effective learning/training activities for a range of staff groups
- Experience of writing policy and guidance documents
- Experience of analysing data and producing management information reports to senior management teams
- Skills in auditing and reporting on compliance with policies and procedures.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'