We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Secretary and Admissions Assistant to join us in our pursuit of excellence! The Headteacher's Secretary and Admissions assistant will work to ensure the effective administrative support for the Headteacher is undertaken with discretion and confidentiality in mind, along with ensuring that the admissions process at Barlborough Hall School is carried out accurately, professionally and with a view to customer service at all times.
- 35 hours per week
- Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Term time plus 7 weeks (42 weeks)
- Note: There are occasions where working on a Saturday or evenings will be required and the post holder will be notified in advance
- £15,940.95 per annum actual. (£9.65 per hour)
How to apply;
- If you wish to apply please send a CV and a letter of interest, no later than Monday 21st September 2020, 10am.
- In your letter please explain the reason for applying for the role, what relevant experience you have and why you would be an ideal candidate for the position.
- If you are invited to an interview, we will request that you complete an application form.
- Any offers of employment are subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
In this role, you will have duel responsibility working closely with the Admissions team and supporting Barlborough Hall's Headteacher.
As the Headteacher's Secretary, you will ensure effective communication by managing the Headteacher's emails and diary. In doing so, you will ensure responses are received and action taken as appropriate. You will collate staff absences and report to HR as required in line with School procedures. You will take minutes for the Headteacher as required and type and send letters as required. As a key member of the Barlborough Hall School administrative support function you will provide occasional support for the School Secretary, e.g. managing parent enquiries or taking mainline calls.
As the Admissions Assistant you will be the primary point of contact for visiting families, welcoming them to the school, ensuring a tour is organised and that refreshments are provided. You will support with the smooth admissions process for those joining the School and as such you will support with student visa applications and in providing information to prospective parents regarding the Early Years Grant (EYG).
You will liaise with families enquiring about leaving the School to build our awareness of the reasons for this and to build our corporate understanding of the local independent school marketplace. You will be required to assist with events across the school and in arranging taster days within both nursery and preparatory school. To ensure data is recorded accurately and timely, you will provide the Head of Admissions and Headteacher with regular reports on admissions activity at BHS and to provide data into the School Office.
Administration | Secretary | Admissions | Recruitment | IT Literate | MS Office | Communication | Data | Reporting | Diary Management | ISAMs | SafeguardingEssential Skills
- Ideally, you will have experience working within an admissions or recruitment sales-based role, and have vast administrative experience and/or skills.
- You will need to be IT literate with excellent spelling and grammar.
- A professional and confident approach to speaking with others is required over the phone and face to face.
- You will have excellent communication skills and organisation skills and the ability to work with discretion and confidentiality, and therefore knowledge or experience of safeguarding in a school setting is also desirable.
- The ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Word is essential. Knowledge of ISAMs and Microsoft Office 365 is desirable.
Mount St Mary's College is an HMC independent day and boarding school for boys and girls aged 3 to 18 with 385 in the Senior School and 195 in the Preparatory School, Barlborough Hall. 90 of our Senior School pupils are boarders.
Barlborough Hall School is a co-educational independent day school and nursery for children aged three to 11, is located in the magnificent private grounds of Barlborough Park, the school is tucked away in the quiet village of Barlborough, near Chesterfield in Derbyshire. The staff are a community who are genuine in their commitment to the needs of the students and the School as a whole.
Our Visions & Values
Care for the whole person; The pursuit of excellence; Integrity; Maturity. Through the pursuit of excellence in all we do and by caring for the whole person we produce grateful and generous, learned and wise young men and women of competence and conscience with a compassionate commitment to making the world a better place for all.
We are an inclusive school and families of all faiths and backgrounds are welcome. Our mission is to know our pupils, understand them, challenge and support them so that they grow to be fulfilled, purposeful and happy members of society who care in the proper sense for others and themselves. We proudly embrace the guiding principles of the Catholic faith and the Jesuit approach to teaching and learning:
At our last ISI Inspection in December 2016, Mount St Mary's College was rated excellent for pupils' personal development and good for pupils' academic and other achievements. Barlborough Hall School was rated excellent in both categories.
- Administration | Secretary | Admissions | Recruitment | IT Literate | MS Office | Communication | Data | Reporting | Diary Management | ISAMs | Safegu
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'