An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Headteacher at a 16 pupil Independent school based in Bishops Stortford.
If you are passionate about giving young people the opportunity to engage and achieve, and are creative and looking for a new challenge, read on:
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff and pupils.
- Work in partnership with the governing body, staff and parents to foster the culture and values which will underpin the school.
- Continue to implement a Development Plan, which will secure continuous school improvement.
- Ensure that all those involved in the school are committed to its aims, motivated to achieve them, and involved in meeting long, medium and short term objectives and targets which secure the educational success of the school.
- Lead by example, value effort, support, challenge and encourage an ethos of trust and teamwork among all staff
- Determine, organise, implement and monitor the curriculum and its assessment and ensure that statutory requirements and White Trees education vision are met.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning, along with standards of achievement of all pupils in the school through appropriate methods.
- Continue to maintain an effective partnership with parents and the wider community to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development.
- Extend the opportunities for learning outside the classroom by developing effective links with the local community and wider links such as schools and organisations in other countries.
- Organise the school team in such a way as to create a year round provision beyond school hours. This would be in the form of out of school activities for Young People, support and guidance to parents/carers/others, as well as respite opportunities for families and carers.
- Ensure that Young People at the School develop a sense of their place in the wider world, and foster a climate where a sense of wonder and excitement are promoted.
If the above interests you, then please apply with your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability ASAP and by Friday 8th June latest.
Salary for the right candidate can be negotiable.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV and covering letter to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job