Head Teacher required for our specialist school in Dumfries
This is a permanent post with an expected start date of August 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established team
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Netherlea School, Dumfries for a Head Teacher. The right candidate will have the knowledge, experience, skills and enthusiasm to lead the school forwards on its continuing journey of improvement. This small school supports the education of Looked After Children who arrive with a range of learning needs, social and emotional problems, and often challenging behaviours. Ideally, you will have experience of the Looked After Children or SEN sector, be fully conversant with, and able to operate effectively within the Curriculum for Excellence, and must be registered to teach in Scotland through the GTCS. An ability to evidence successful leadership and management experience at middle or senior management levels is essential.
The main tasks will include:
* Strategic direction and development of school
* Teaching and learning
* Leading and managing staff
* Deployment of staff and resources
* Safeguarding Children & Safer Recruitment
The successful candidate will have:
* Be a qualified teacher (QTS/QTLS) with good honours degree
* Senior Leadership, Head Teacher, Acting-Head Experience
* A proven track record of achieving high standards working within Curriculum for Excellence
* Successful coordination / leadership at a senior level
* Proven track record in managing staff to support successful outcomes for a wide ability range of students
* In depth knowledge of the wider educational agenda
* Evidence of successfully developing teams of professionals
* The enthusiasm, initiative and commitment to ensure good practice is embedded throughout the school
* The ability to think and plan strategically
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* A passion about learning within a creative learning environment
Please note, this is not a full job description - a more details job description and person specification can be provided on request.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion; we do, however have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Team Leaders, Deputy Managers, Registered Managers.
- Secondary Education