We are now recruiting for a Head Pastry Chef in Colchester!
Working as part of the award winning kitchen brigade, and reporting to the Executive Head Chef, the successful candidate will have previous experience working in a 2 AA rosette restaurant and will have banqueting experience.
- Cakes, desserts and pastry.
- Specialist afternoon tea.
- Assist in the training and supervision of apprentice pastry chef’s
- Making the Head Chef aware of any ordering needs for the section
- Report any health and safety concerns to any Senior Chef
- To be of a clean and smart appearance
- To listen and learn from any Senior Chef
- To be flexible and committed to customer requests wherever possible
- To contribute ideas for menu and for kitchen welfare
- Previous experience in the pastry section of a 2 AA Rosette restaurant
- Previous experience in the pastry section of a banqueting restaurant
- Knowledge in bread making is desirable but not required
Full time position for 45 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including weekends. Due to our location, having your own transport is essential.