Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a full time or part time Head of UK Tax for a growing international firm in Cambridge.
The role has come about purely through growth and the need for someone to take ownership for the UK tax function whilst the International specialist team continue to grow. It will be managing a mixed portfolio of high net worth Individuals and corporate businesses as well as managing a small team internally.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure that Corporate and Personal Tax compliance work is effectively managed.
- Personally managing a compliance/advisory mixed portfolio, advising existing clients on both the corporate and personal tax side.
- Liaising with audit/accounts staff including planning meetings and sign off of the tax aspects of audit files.
- Working with clients to develop opportunities in relation to tax problems
- Focusing internally on processes and procedures to make sure nothing is missed
As a person, you will be self confident and willing to introduce new ideas to the team and how they do things.
You will need to be an experienced Tax Manager with a solid grounding in both corporate and personal tax, with strong communication skills and excellent man management skills. You will also be qualified CTA/ACA or ACCA.
The firm are looking for someone ambitious as there are excellent career development opportunities within the firm to Partner level should you excel yourself.