Santa Maria UK is looking to appoint a new Head of Operations to lead and organise the daily operations of the UK tortilla factory in order to meet customer’s quality and delivery expectations with lowest possible costs.
This represents an opportunity for an exceptional leader to join at an exciting time of growth and investment.
Santa Maria UK is a part of the Paulig Group, established in 1876. Paulig Group is a Scandinavian employer employing some 2000 people with a turnover of 1 billion euro. Today, Paulig Group produces and sells both branded products and private label products in more than 30 countries throughout Europe.
To manage and organise the daily operations of the factory in order to meet customer’s quality and delivery expectations with lowest possible costs.
This role has full responsibility for the factory budget and monthly factory management meetings with SFD management team and with UK Operations team.
To ensure that the daily management of the Quality Management system and of the SM Environmental Management system is maintained.
- Responsible for recruiting new personnel, managing ongoing employments and termination of employments within the site (according to company policies)
- Ensuring and continuously improving the safety of equipment and working procedures. Responsibility to intervene immediately if working procedures are not followed accordingly.
- Ensuring and continuously improving the working climate in cooperation of HR function and employees. Immediately intervene in case of misbehaviours.
- Deploy company values in everyday management.
- Adjusting the headcount and developing competences according to needs in short and long term according to demand plans provided by sales
- Managing the site leadership team with systematic performance management (target setting, performance reviews, countermeasures etc.) and developing the competences
Quality and Hygiene:
- Ensuring the quality of products according to legislative and product specification requirements
- Responsibility for ensuring the hygiene level according to legislative and other BRC requirements
- With cooperation of QA and PD continuously pursue for best possible product quality
- Awareness and understanding of 45001 H&S standard and 14001 Environmental standards.
- Complying on production plans accordingly
- Optimizing production strategies from whole supply chain point of view
- Good short and long term planning on production activities and proactively managing possible capacity constrains due to demand peaks, line shutdowns or personnel shortages
Efficiency & economy:
- Responsibility to ensure and continuously improve the efficiency and productivity both in production and site support functions
- Production budgeting and cost management accordingly
- Managing the subcontractors according to agreed contracts. Making new contracts only together with indirect procurement.
- Responsible for proposing the site investment plan
- Responsible for the successful execution of investment projects
- Responsible for reporting any deviations on agreed targets and self-initiate sufficient countermeasures
- Coordination of cooperation between the site and other functions within Paulig
- Enhance the good image of the site in local community
- Overall responsibility that the site fulfils all authority and legal requirements
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s / Master's Degree, preferably in food engineering, or equivalent experience
Experience & knowledge:
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience with extensive knowledge of food industry equipment and processes and previous manager experience
- Experience in production functions and well regarded by the Production organisation
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of managing production in several functions
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Excellent decision making and prioritization skills
- Good business English
For more information on this role and an application pack please contact our appointed agency partner for this campaign: Hudson, quoting the following reference in the subject line: UK764872.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential conversation, please get in touch by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
This role closes on 23rd February 2018.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- Food Manufacturing
- Quality Management
- Manufacturing Operations