M&G Prudential the UK and European savings business of Prudential plc – the global financial services company – which was formed in August 2017 from the merger of M&G Investments and Prudential’s UK and European businesses. Managing £337 million of assets with more than 7 million customers, it brings together two of the most trusted brands in the UK financial services sector.
An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Transformation Communications to join M&G Prudential Communications. This is a senior role leading the communications for transformation activity across M&G Prudential. The role is mainly focused on colleague engagement but there is also the opportunity to influence the transformation narrative for external stakeholders. As the Head of Transformation Communications you will develop, embed and manage communications which improve their understanding of M&G Prudential’s business objectives and help catalyse transformation and change at all levels. Creating a clear sense of “one business” is crucial.
You will be responsible for:
• Working with the COO’s office and leadership team to agree a communications programme which sits at the heart of our transformation strategy and create the supporting narrative and messages
• Oversee the implementation of that communications programme, including the provision of regular MI to the M&G Prudential ExCom
• Overhaul the internal communications infrastructure to improve the flow of information and create a sense of “one business”
• Review of all internal communications policy and procedures
• Counsel on communications to the COO’s office and leadership team
• Establish an in-house news publication function
• Ensure team members have the appropriate skill sets and direction
What we are looking for:
You should have strong, detailed knowledge of communication strategies and range of techniques and tools available to support effective leadership communication, in particular digital and social strategies and tools. It is essential for you to have experience of working in a journalistic and editorial capacity with tight deadlines. Experience of developing effective, digital, social and off-line communication strategies is vital including knowledge of building effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
It is essential for you to be excellent at managing and influencing stakeholders. You will also need to be a proactive person who is able to shape thinking, be well organised with a strong attention to detail and have excellent writing skills. It is also important for you to be able to deal with ambiguity.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.