Our large manufacturing company based in Plymouth are looking for a HEAD OFSUPPLY CHAIN. This role plays an essential part in the strategic and daily operational success of the site and is critical to the satisfaction of customers and shareholders alike.
As Head of Supply Chain you will need to be an experienced and motivated individual with a passion for leadership and a proven track record of managing Sourcing and Procurement teams. The successful candidate will be required to possess excellent people management skills, whilst having the natural ability to work closely with external and internal customers to ensure fulfilment.
- Management, leadership and development of Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Quality teams and activities.
- Lead and support key commodity strategies.
- Provision of a secure, competitive, compliant and reliable supply chain for direct materials.
- Act as a leadership role model for other team members.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure cost drivers of purchased goods are well known and appropriate level of intervention is given to maintain profitability.
- Work alongside the Head of Materials & the Head of Logistics to ensure continuity of supply for purchased materials.
- Work with the Head of Materials to ensure appropriate inventory profile to achieve a 99% customer service level, whilst achieving annual company targets.
- Purchase order approvals.
- Monthly reporting against key strategic metrics.
- Ensure adherence to ISO9001 processes.
- Ensure accuracy of SAP information records and master data.
- Ensure application and compliance of financial controls in line with company policy for the Strategic Supply Chain team.
- Support the development and implementation of a purchase plan for every part (PFEP).
- Support the management of new component and new model introductions and model end of life within the supply chain.
- Allocation of Engineering change actions to the appropriate buyer.
- Oversight pf the supplier selection process.
- Carry out supplier quality risk assessments for all new parts.
- Ensure & Oversee timely and robust corrective actions for supplier quality issues.
- Work with engineering on developing innovation from the supply chain.
- Development of Supplier relationships.
- Approval of Purchasing framework agreements.
- Management of supplier environmental compliance.
Essential Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Candidate Attributes:
- Experience of supply chain processes within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
- MCIPS completed or near to completion.
- People leadership and management.
- Commercially sharp with an eye for opportunity and excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of MRP and warehousing systems.
- Customer Focused.
- Forecasting and budgetary management experience.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple input channels and stakeholders.
- Strong mediation skills to bring together conflicting points of view and transform into optimum results.
- Confident communicator – persuasive and flexible.
- Strong knowledge of procurement law.
- Ability to integrate a new team smoothly without disrupting the status quo as a platform for promoting healthy change.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job