HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN
This is a newly created role and is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Head of Supply Chain to join a dynamic and fast paced environment and leading a team of 3.
• Managing and tracking all shipments within the supply chain from point of supply up to delivery to customer, ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved promptly to reduce any delay
• Liaising with relevant parties in preparing shipping instructions and tracking shipments
• Ensuring that all incoming documentation is processed correctly and that all checklists are fully completed
• Making all relevant enquiries to ensure import documentation is correct and compliant with current regulations
• Managing the day to day operation of the logistics, warehouse and shipping functions ensuring delivery of short term daily scheduling and longer-term capacity planning
• Maintaining stock sheets which will enable the department to produce timely and accurate demand forecasts so that the company can meet the customers’ requirements
• Working with Sales and Marketing and other internal teams to ensure accurate and up to date sales forecasts reflect any last-minute changes to forecast based on business requirements.
• Ensuring the management and control of costs through the supply chain, identifying opportunities to minimise cost and improve service.
• Managing all elements of supply chain costs including freight, handing and storage, demurrage and distribution.
• Reviewing and assessing all current processes and ways of working
• Developing improvement projects based on the findings
• Looking for innovative new ways of doing things, where scope for improvement is identified
• Working closely with the senior leadership to develop the broader Supply Chain strategy
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job