We have an incredibly exciting opportunity to join Whitbread as the Head of Supply Chain for Demand and Inventory Planning. Operating at a senior level you will be responsible for the strategy development around demand planning, forecasting, network planning & optimisation.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Ensure business plans are translated into strategy, roadmaps and appropriate interventions to ensure an efficient and effective end-to-end value chain.
- Produce a Supply Chain strategy that incorporates innovative thinking and technology options that support business growth and efficiency and reduce cost
- Identify current and emerging risks to supply and ensure robust controls are in place to mitigate. Communicate risk planning and escalate as appropriate
- Responsible for making sure changes are clearly communicated, understood and agreed in terms of team, role and business.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of around 30 people (part outsourced supplier)
- Accountable for ensuring stock availability across the entire estate. Equally responsible for ensuring the appropriate level of stock is in the system, thus managing waste whilst ensuring stock availability
- Ensures that team capability, training and career paths are in place and maintained
- Own the blue print for Group Supply Chain ways of working and the associated policies and processes.
- Run all BAU inventory activities, ensure all product and menu changes are planned and executed efficiently with the brand teams.
What we are looking for
- Detailed strategic knowledge of Supply Chain Planning and Operations within retail or hospitality
- Previous experience developing high performing teams to deliver complex change across Global markets idea
- Deep Supply Chain & Distribution experience, specifically in: Demand Planning & Forecasting, Supply Planning, Network planning & optimisation & Centralised Ordering
- Solid relationship management skills and the ability to communicate & influence across a matrix organisation
- Fantastic organisational skills and particularly strong capability in managing competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"