My client is a well-known FMCG brand who are looking to recruit a Head of Strategy to help support the Executive Board with their ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting opportunity and will require a unique balance of being able to lead the overall strategic planning process, as well as being ‘hands on’ with tasks such as analysis and administrating the process.
- Coordinating and leading the strategic planning process and help to translate high level 3-5yr objectives into detailed annual plans.
- Providing in-depth analysis of financial, competitor, operational, and regulatory considerations. Using both qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques and applying proven analytical frameworks and strategic business models and tools.
- Collaborating with functional heads and making sound strategic recommendations on the basis of deep analysis.
- Provide strategic support to senior management to enable the business to achieve its short and long-term goals.
- Keeping up to date with developments in the wider sector and related markets, including analysing trends across the marketplace, the impact of competition and shifts in customer needs and developing strategies capable of managing the threats and opportunities that such developments represent.
- Findings and solutions to be presented monthly to the operational board.
- Commissioning appropriate research and analysis from internal and external sources in order to ensure that the strategy is based on relevant and quality information.
- Networking externally to help build knowledge and understanding of competitors and markets.
- Support on M&A activity from initial opportunity assessment and business case through the full process.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree educated with a MBA / Masters ideally in business / strategy
- Strategy development qualifications
- Ideally from a consultancy background working with organisations on strategic development
- Proven experience of working with a range of strategic development and analytical tools
- Proven experience of implementing and establishing strategic planning processes
- Background of producing and being in amongst the detail as well as strategic experience
- Experience dealing with senior business leaders and ability to influence
- M&A experience of assessment and development of business case and involvement in the wider M&A process