Head of Strategic Finance £70,000 - £82,000 + Benefits, London
We're recruiting a Head of Strategic Finance for a Government department and independent National Regulation Authority. Reporting to the Director of Resources, and as a member of the Finance Senior Leadership Team, this role will lead in delivering high-quality advice adding valuable business decision making insight. The Head of Strategic Finance will lead the medium (Spending Review) and short-term (Annual) business planning and budget-setting process and work closely with Directors, Senior Managers and budget holders to ensure best practice and financial insight is delivered to inform and support key decisions.
Managing complex commercial relationships and a team of Business Partners, Procurement and Contracts, Planning and Risk staff, the successful candidate will help design, deliver and embed a programme of transformation to improve performance and enhance focus on the customer.
- Lead on the development and management of the annual budgeted delivery plan
- Lead on medium financial planning and Spending Review activities
- Lead monthly and quarterly processes to track in-year and forecast performance
- Work with Head of Corporate Finance ensuring accurate information is distributed
- Lead on analysis to support inputs and assumptions for financial modelling and impact analysis
- Responsible for all corporate reporting from Finance to the Leadership Team
- Lead the development of the Forward Work Programme challenging the business on delivery
- Ensure risk management is embedded and acted on at Director of Resources SCS2 level
- Lead a team of finance professionals with direct line-management for a team of cross-organisational finance business partners
- Lead on finance projects and work with Director of Resources to develop financial strategy, deputising for Director of Resources as necessary
- Work with Head of Finance Transformation to embed Strategic Finance function
- Lead on best practice procurement and contract management - establish a Contract Management centre of excellence
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified
- Track record in leading successful finance partnering services
- Track record of leading high-calibre, multi-disciplinary teams to deliver against demanding targets
- Excellent relationship management, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Strong track-record in finance and the ability to develop financial models and develop complex budgeting and reporting processes
- Ability to deliver complex high-profile outputs from multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of the energy sector would be desirable as is experience of the Civil Service
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.
- Finance Director
- Financial Analysis
- Management Accounts
- Head of Finance
- Business Partnering
- business planning
- civil service
- Spending Review
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'