Head of Strategic Buying
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.5bn.
We are now recruiting a proactive and dynamic individual, who will lead the development and execution of a cross category and geographical buying strategy, in order to ensure that maximum value is delivered from Electrocomponents Supplier relationships.
Within this role, you will be accountable for delivering a service to procure non range products from line card manufactures and develop a commercial exploitation plan for supplier information products.
You will work closely with Category, Inventory and Product Marketing teams to deliver Sales, profit, and ROI, in order to optimise Inventory profiles, maximising sales and deliver effective campaigns. You will also work closely with pricing teams to ensure resale strategies are optimised through product, supplier, market and competitor intelligence.
You will have responsibility for the recruitment and development of resource talent, rewarding and recognising your staff group, including training and development.
The role has global responsibility requiring influence across many cultures and languages. The role will require the job holder to travel extensively and work effectively whilst away from their regular office location.
- Proven experience in buying and category management
- An innovative change leader and culture and talent champion
- Experienced in developing, evaluating and shaping vision and strategies to be deployed across categories and Geographies
- A collaborative team player across a business with fast moving, customer driven markets
- Experience of using continuous improvement methodologies to deliver value
- Successful supplier relationship management at senior levels
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of, and the ability to articulate, the RS Value Proposition
- Proven track record in developing and managing product/category programme budgets.
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- Confident and effective communicator at all levels of the business and to various stakeholders
- Strong team management skills, demonstrating leadership, facilitation and coaching styles to create a high-performance culture
- Demonstrates challenge in a positive and proactive manner that builds credibility and effectiveness across all areas of the business
- Strong influencing skills
- People leadership experience
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Experience of working with an online digital toolset
- Ability to operate in a second language
About us as an employer
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company. In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job