Head of Strategic Analysis (Business Finance)
This Leading Bank is looking for a Head of Strategic Analysis to join their business. The successful candidate is likely to be suited to someone currently in role as a Director in Transactional Services.
This role is one of a very high profile and if successful, you will be reporting in to senior management within the business and have significant exposure and involvement in driving decisions.
You will be responsible for providing the Global Banking Business with forward looking analytics and developing recommendations to help drive strategic direction. Operating in an exciting and challenging environment, the role will focus on partnering with the Global Banking Business (specifically the Global Banking Business Co-heads) and have influence on reshaping and streamlining the support Finance provides to Global Banking.
- Global Banking is undertaking an unprecedented amount of strategic change including reshaping the use of its capital, more effectively leveraging the power of the network and adapting to structural changes in the operating environment.
- A key part of the remit for Global Banking Finance is partnering with key business stakeholders, including the co-heads, to provide them with analytics and developing recommendations to help drive the strategic direction of the business.
- We are looking for a talented individual who can provide thought leadership, perform rigorous analytics, develop actionable recommendations and influence stakeholders in response to complex business and financial issues.
- The individual will regularly represent Finance in management meetings with senior stakeholders from the business and be expected to provide the following analytics:
- Answer / present options to answer "blue sky exam questions" on the future shape and footprint and how the business can improve its returns;
- Evaluate and make recommendations on strategic options in response to setting up the RFB / NRFB and Brexit;
- Produce forward looking analysis focusing on the projected flight path of the business including identifying possible management intervention levers.
Impact on Business
- Lead key initiatives to build new, improved management information or analytics to drive decisions
- Lead development of new insight and analytics supporting the business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build relationships within Global Banking (specifically Global Banking Business Co-heads) to keep abreast of key initiative and developments
- Partner with Business Development to prepare financial analysis to drive strategic decisions and inform senior management
- Be accountable to present key findings to Senior Management within Global Banking and the wider Finance community
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for value-add to stakeholders and execute these
Leadership & Teamwork
- Deputise for the CFO of Banking as and when required
- Role model collaborative behaviours, actively share ideas / approaches with e.g. Finance network
- Develop team to build strength and depth and utilise fully on shore / near shore and off shore operating models
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Deliver strategic goals of the Global Banking team
- Ensure all work is completed efficiently, prioritizing critical pieces of work whilst ensuring the delivery of all tasks as agreed
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with appropriate Group Standard and practices
- Provide assurance that any process risks identified are highlighted and managed as appropriate
- Support all regulatory and compliance matters and the management of operational risk
- Lead development of and drive new Business Finance initiatives forward and ensure buy-in from key stakeholders
- Build financial models around complex concepts with many different ways of interpreting data and constructing analysis
- Understand and keep abreast of the overall structure of the firm, and appreciate the challenges of working within a matrix organization, with changing management structures
- Liaise with a number of senior stakeholders in a sometimes pressurized environment
- Show diplomacy and professionalism in dealing with the firm's many stakeholders and represent Global Banking in key stakeholder meetings with senior attendees, including Global Head of Business Finance and Global Banking Business Co-heads
- Environment: The role sits within the Global Banking Team, which forms part of the wider Global Banking Business Finance team. The role holder will need to quickly understand the firm, its structure, businesses and markets to be able to add value to help drive the strategic direction of the firm.
- Accountability: The role reports to the CFO of Banking.
- Global role covering all aspects of strategic support & analytics in relation to Global Banking.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job