Salary - Up to £65k per annum plus £6k car allowance
The Hyde Group are one of the largest landlords in the UK. We own and manage over 50,000 properties across London and the South East. We are a not for profit organisation with a commercial focus and a big heart!
Our Property Services team are seeking new talent to join them for what will be a period of rapid growth and development for the organisation. We are seeking a Head of Stock Investment, who will be responsible for providing an efficient, flexible and professional service to the business. In this role you will be responsible for a wide range of works, which can be complex and of high value.
About the job:
You'll be responsible for delivering exemplar, first class, customer-focused, value for money, planned works and stock renewal programmes working closely with the wider Resident Services Management Team and Corporate Services. You'll ensure effective contract procurement and management, and performance manage the stock investment team to deliver a high quality service integrated with asset management and repairs functions.
You'll own accountability for Stock Investment within The Hyde Group leading and operationally managing the Group's strategy in Stock Investment aligned to business plan objectives and working collaboratively with wider Resident Services Management and Corporate Services Teams. You'll closely manage external contractors and the Stock Investment team to deliver customer focused and value for money planned works and stock renewal programmes in combination with a high quality service that is integrated with Asset Management and Repairs functions.
General tasks include:
- Coach, monitor and develop direct reports
- Ensure Contractor compliance with Health and Safety, especially CDM and asbestos awareness.
- Contribute to and lead the tender exercises to ensure optimal procurement of external services, as well as ensuring contractors are consistently improved, reviewed and maintained.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all external suppliers in order continuously negotiate contracts and drive increased levels of service.
- Monitor contractor performance and according to agreed standards and take necessary action to maximise customer satisfaction levels.
- Regularly monitor, manage and report on spend ensuring services are delivered within budget
- Drive through continuous improvement efficiencies to achieve improved value for money
- Manage and monitor the delivery of Stock Investment team budgets to ensure a Value for Money service is delivered to residents
- Monitor all work practices in order to ensure they are in accordance with The Hyde Group policies, vision and service promise document.
- Previous experience in managing a team - who at times are remote
- You will be decisive, highly focused and inspires confidence in others by role modelling appropriate behaviours
- You will be an excellent communicator and maintain and enhance relationships with (internal/external) customers relating to day to day operations
- You will be able to Demonstrates in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge to achieve financial and operational objectives
- You will deliver a good quality service to customers, understanding and anticipating the needs of customers
- Strong organisational skills, great time management skills and are able to prioritise deadlines
- Good financial management skills
- Sound technical knowledge of the stock investment process
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A background from another housing association or local authority
What Hyde can offer you:
Hyde offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual, such as the ability to work from home and other Hyde locations. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using our flexible benefits scheme (iFlex), which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme and a £6000 car allowance.
Got what it takes? Click Apply Now and upload your CV with and tell us why you would be perfect for this role.
- Asset Management
- Contract Management
- Stock Investment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job