Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Location: Head Office, Gloucester & selected UK event sites
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000- £50,000
Overall Purpose of Job
To develop and manage brand & RTM partners. Bring brand partners to the Bars division who will support our core business along with specific event sponsorship requirements. Manage our RTM partners to create a competitive core range of products which delivers our strategy for profit & margin. Ensure all stock is managed effectively both at Head Office and in the event area. Overall responsibility for the management and development of the stock team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contract negotiation of pricing direct with Brands & RTM partner.
- Negotiate brand sponsorship for bars direct & Events
- Build relationships with new products for sponsorship
- Delivery of contractual agreement
- Identify effective commercial routes to market for chosen products. Including Support requirements, challenging price/kickbacks/poor supply/inconsistent paper trails etc.
- Make recommendations for developing the product category and strategy, bringing new brand partners on board, to create a competitive core range of products;
- Deliver and report on performance against agreed targets/KPI’s/budgets on a regular basis including annual sales, profit and supplier income for assigned categories;
- Identify, assess and consolidated supplier base for current requirements whilst building relationships to improve quality, service and costs for the future
- Negotiate and manage all designated brands, contracts and supplier agreements for the category and, where appropriate, agree and document joint business plans to include promotional plans, target turnover and supplier income;
- Maximise supplier income for client and division; brand/price/support equipment’s
- Maximise marketing support to drive the commercial opportunity visually, P&L and margin will be key focus
- Maintain detailed analyses of key accounts, working in close liaison with Finance and Sales, tracking targets and thresholds in line with contracts
- Monitor supplier performance, undertaking audits as required, and resolve any non-conformance issues;
- Undertake the procurement of selected products to achieve a high level of profit for the company and quality for our customers;
- Support sales including tender submissions in sourcing and providing competitive cost prices for new and/or substitute products;
- Develop training plans with staffing team/HR to ensure staff are up-skilled, to drive product quality and consistency is maximised
- Ensure group policy and procedures are maintained through team
- Manage the process of stock while on site at events
- Keep abreast of industry news and developments and identify both challenges and opportunities that may play a role in the future of the business
- Maintain accurate records of all agreements and transactions, ensuring departmental systems and procedures are adhered to, and contribute to the development of all processes
- Daily management of the Stock Manager and stock team through effective performance management and coaching. Develop simple, efficient systems and processes for them to utilise.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Previous experience of working with beverage brand partners, preferably within festivals & events;
- A good level of product knowledge and industry understanding;
- Good numeracy and literacy ability (minimum GCSE Level C in Maths and English) and fully IT literate;
- Excellent negotiation skills with the experience and ability to deliver cost down benefits;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships;
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement;
- Good administrative skills;
- Comfortable working under pressure in a competitive market place to gain market advantage.
- Experienced in BRC or BS Quality Management System
- Experienced in using EPOS/WMS
- Tenacious with an eye for detail
- Resilient, independent, and self- motivated
- A team player with an ambitious streak and competitive edge
- Results- orientated with ability to work under pressure, and to use initiative to resolve issues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job