This is a real opportunity to work for a prestigious conference and events centre in central London as Head of Sound - Audio Visual Technician.
You will work as part of a professional team in the provision of technical presentation services to events, primarily within the Centre and at times other venues.
Your role will be to undertake any work or projects as allocated by the Production Manager or Senior AV Logistics Technician as part of a professional team in the provision of technical presentation services to events both within and outside of the Centre. The job holders impact on Business performance is through the efficient provision of technical services and outstanding customer service that supports a drive to retain and grow our client's repeat business.
- Rigging, operating and de-rigging audio equipment including mixing disks, microphones, signal paths, amplifiers and speakers in accordance with safety regulations and procedures including assisting clients during events in the use of the above equipment and immediate problem solving.
- Rigging, operating and de-rigging lighting, audio visual, video, sets and display equipment in accordance with safety regulations and procedures.
- To develop the facilities of audio and extend the boundaries achievable operations to assist the clients and the department.
- Assist the Sales department in the appropriate allocation and hire of audio equipment.
- Supervisory responsibility for the AV Technician(s).
- To be responsible to the Production Manager and Senior AV Logistics Technician for the audio inventory and the efficient storage of the equipment.
- To be responsible with the Senior AV Logistics Technician for all audio links in the building, including operational patching and maintenance.
- To carry out assessment and first line maintenance of audio inventory and to identify those tasks that need to be done.
- To advise on development and change in new technology, appropriate purchases, client requests, innovation in sound equipment and systems.
- To communicate with personnel within the Centre and with Clients on a regular basis, advising clients on technical matters and directing other technicians on rigging, running and de-rigging events.
- The role requires constant and varied use of complex technical equipment.
- Required to make procedure decisions on a daily basis and "on the spot" judgements regarding Clients last minute requests.
- Responsibility to train other technicians in audio matters.
- All works must be carried out within the Centre's official technical deadlines, most of which are predictable. This can mean a lot of irregular hours and overtime.
- Due to the technical complexities of the job, the work can often be very pressurised.
Based in Central London salary is circa £30k p.a. plus benefits.
Your skills and experience
You will, of course, have good technical knowledge of audio visual equipment and experience in a relevant field, e.g. conference, theatre or TV.
Also have the technical ability to work our client's mains distribution of speakers and amps, and invoice totals for purchases and hires
- Ensure you are fully conversant with all AV equipment at your disposal
- Keep your technical knowledge up to date
- Ensure client requests are acted upon promptly
- Aim for 100% accuracy in all aspects of your role as an Audio Visual Technician with all the resources supplied
- Be punctual, presentable, attentive
- Be a team player
- Have Membership of AV Associations
- Trained in Health and safety, including the use of towers and ladders
- Rigging Slinging Training
Our client is a leading conference and events centre in Central London, holding around 400 events every year. They offer excellent working facilities as well as career opportunities for the successful applicant.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual recruiters in UK and Europe working with clients and candidates to ensure a perfect job fit every time.
- Audio Engineer
- Audio Visual Technician