Job Title - Head of Solution Engineering
Job Location - Guildford, Surrey
- To manage, lead and motivate a team of employees to consistently deliver departmental objectives and achieve customer service level agreements contributing to the overall UK Design Plan and Deploy business objectives and targets
- To support the development of your line reports, including IPMs (individual performance management), assessment, development courses, on the job training and individual coaching and support from you as a leader
- Ensure key messages from the Customer Unit and Commercial messages are communicated in a timely, clear manner to your team
- To lead a culture and way of working characterised by proactive attitude, teamwork focus, strong performance ethics, high professionalism and high energy. Drive action plans to ensure employee motivation and engagement e.g. Dialog action plans
- To manage the business to achieve the Balanced score card key performance indicators balancing the needs for focused Customer Delivery, Staff Motivation and the Stakeholder return.
- To support the Introduction of New RAN Products & Associated Services in to the customers’ network.
- To generate a common and Best practice approach towards New Product Introduction across the various customer programmes.
- To facilitate the evolution of 5G through customer experience and internal competence development.
- Responsible for the deployment of the clients IT, CLOUD, CORE and RAN switch nodes
- Conduct team meetings and 1-2-1 with all team members on a regular basis. Interview and recruit staff when required to deliver the resorting plan for the team
- Responsible for coaching, competence development and line management support of assigned team, including adherence to IPM process and performance management in line with business and strategic objectives. Manage performance concerns and implement plans for improvement
- Monitor resources and costs, ensuring delivery to the required budget and timescales. Ensure that time reporting is captured correctly within the online tracking system.
- Ensure completion of time sheets/CATS for the team
- Provision of resources to support New Product Introduction Projects within a customer Test Lab environment, including the facilitation of GSC / Global resource requests.
- Facilitation of the transfer of knowledge between programmes and Base Awareness Competence Development (where appropriate) within DPD.
- Provision of resources to support Configuration and Integration activities to support FOA/FSI/SSI/FNI.
- Lead by example and secure usage of global process, methods and tools
- Look to source and use Best Practices, creating a culture of knowledge transfer and continuous improvement.
- Creation of a "high end team" to support the evolution of 5G within the customer’s network, with focus on customer experience and internal competence development.
- Measure, evaluate and improve the performance of the NPI function.
- Provision of resources to support the deployment of IT, CLOUD, CORE and RAN switch nodes, including the sourcing of appropriate 3rd party services.
- Scope the amount of work required to be carried out and time required for each assignment request.
- To act as interface and provide technical support towards the customer, Account Managers, Programme and Project managers, team members and the ASP’s (where relevant) on technical activities.
- Be an active member of the wider MELA SL family, help drive One Ericsson, provide "Value Add" in support of the overall requirement for Economic Profit.
- Generate and maintain a network of PDU/BNEW contacts to allow for faster Programme & customer engagement
- Considerable experience in a managerial position within the Telecom industry
- A good knowledge of the below
- Ericsson Products.
- NRO processes as per client's best practice.
- New Product Introduction methodology.
- Proven ability to manage large scale technical resources and third parties
- Experience of working in a highly complex, high availability service environment, serving both internal and multiple external customers on a significant commercial scale. A track record of success in a customer facing role is essential
- Experience of working in matrix managed and multi-project environment with the ability to work effectively at different levels of the organisation and network across functions
- Experience in leading and empowering multi-cultural teams