Join us as Head of Software (full-time, permanent)
seventechnologiesgroup is a successful and ambitious company built around an excellent engineering team involved in the design, development and manufacture of rugged electronics devices.
In recent years, Seven Technologies Group has changed significantly. The Company has offices in Lisburn, Leeds, London and the USA and employs about 90 people.
The role will involve managing a team act overseeing the development of mixed language applications development on X86 and Linux based hardware as well as embedded systems development on ARM and other MCU architectures, utilising real time environments as well as bare metal code development. As well as project delivery the role will involve contributing to bids and proposals at a technical level. A proven experience in design and development of systems or applications is essential. Applications will be considered from candidates with good C# or C++ development skills.
As a senior professional within software engineering, you will be required to perform:
- Providing leadership, guidance and support in the discipline, including advising junior colleagues in the context of promotion and career development.
- Having responsibility for the oversight of standards pertaining to the discipline, and (with Head of Engineering) the preservation of disciplinary integrity via the application and use of design reviews.
- Briefing the Head of Engineering on any matters relating to the welfare of the discipline.
- Be a member of Engineering Management Team
- Contributing to policy formation and strategic planning.
- Determining, with other disciplinary heads and fellow discipline colleagues, resource allocation and technical resolution of product development and obsolescent management.
- Chairing meetings of the discipline.
- With to the Head of Engineering, distributing resources in the discipline to meet operational requirements.
- Representing, or nominating a representative of, the discipline on process and procedure development and refinement.
- In conjunction with the Head of Engineering, undertake resource recruitment and interview assessment associated with the discipline, and appraisal and line management of staff.
- Participating in (and leading where required) quality reviews affecting the discipline activities.
- Dealing with professional/accreditation issues affecting the discipline.
- Taking the lead as the discipline Point of Contact for bid content development.
- Where appointed by the Head of Engineering, perform the role of Design Lead on a project.
Possessing an honours degree in a relevant subject or equivalent commercial experience, the candidate will be an innovative individual with excellent technical experience and motivation. Most important is an enthusiasm for new technologies, an ability to learn quickly and a desire to contribute in a fast moving, innovative team environment. Candidates wishing to apply should be:
- A senior member of their discipline.
- Capable of providing an exemplar attitude to both professional and personal attitudes
- Capable of establishing and leading a multi-disciplinary engineering workstream.
- Capable of facilitating independent and a team-oriented, collaborative working environment.
- An exemplar in ensuring lifecycle management is employed in the development of hardware or a software product.
- An able individual with an outstanding track record of working with stakeholders to deliver a product in an engineering environment.
- Independently capable of building, developing and growing personal and team relationships vital to the successful delivery of engineering.
- Highly computer literate excelling in the use of relevant IT and software development platforms required to be utilised within your discipline.
- Capable and adaptive to working in a fast-moving environment focused on delivering complex problems to tight deadlines.
- Capable of quickly defining and understanding key risks which will impact your discipline and its application on a product.
- Willing to develop an understanding of our business environment and its operational requirements.
- Considerable demonstrable experience developing websites and PC applications using C# / C++ / Android / Python
- Extensive application development in Android, iOS and Linux
- Experience of the development for Azure hosted environment
- Proven experience in design and development of systems or applications is essential
- Experience of Managing 3rd party software contractors
- Knowledge of Safety Critical Software Lifecycles to IEC61508 SIL4 would be advantageous
- Exposure to embedded programming and C or C++ would be advantageous
- 10+ years relevant commercial / bespoke software development covering Python / C# / .NET OR C++
- Management of either a direct or indirect team up to 10 members in size
- Extensive cross-discipline experience in collaborative working
- Working towards a professional affiliation to an accredited organisation
- iOS / Android / Linux Application Design & Development
- Embedded systems design & development
- Agile / Waterfall Development and implementation
- A Master's degree in Software Engineering
- Professional affiliation to an accredited organisation
- Budget management experience
- Development of policy, process and procedural documentation
- Decision Making
- Relationship Building
- People Management & Development
In addition, candidates must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'