Head of Software Development
£70,000 - £80,000
We are delighted to be supporting our exclusive client with their pivotal requirement for an experienced Head of Software Development, based in Cambridge. Our client is a highly reputable organisation whose software is utilised in over 70 countries worldwide.
As the Head of Software Development, you will join the senior management team, providing leadership and managing a team of developers and IT specialists. You will be responsible for the vision and architecture of the company's software development function, working in collaboration with Product Owners and Product Managers, to ensure accurate delivery against agreed priorities.
You will need to be passionate about Agile methodologies and experienced in leading and managing development teams, ensuring that the team adheres to these methods. You will also have a demonstrable track record of designing and architecting sophisticated technical solutions, which meet challenging user requirements.
There are a number of existing development teams, primarily coding in C#, C++ and Python, and each team has a strong technical leader. The Head of Software Development will oversee this function, but you will need to have previous hands-on coding experience which allows you to direct the team with accuracy and conviction.
You will need to possess demonstrable experience of the following:
- Experience in leading and managing teams of software developers
- Experience of successfully designing and developing sophisticated software products deployed in a variety of environments
- Hands-on experience of coding using more than one recognised industry standard language (e.g. C++; .Net, C#)
- Leading teams in working in an Agile environment
- Performance and line management of highly skilled teams
- A strong understanding of databases, including relational databases
- A scientific background is highly desirable
In return, the Client offers an exceptional and collaborative working environment, alongside a competitive salary, flexible working, and a genuinely market leading pension scheme (18% employer contribution).
This is a fantastic opportunity, and interest will undoubtedly be high, so I would urge you to forward your details quickly, for consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job