Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Development to join their team based in Hereford. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £55,000 – £75,000 per annum +Extensive Benefits.
Our client is now recruiting for a Head of Development to lead their 50 strong Development Team, based in their Hereford Office and providing leadership to Agile Teams based in their satellite office as well. In this role, you’ll work as part of the IT Leadership Team, driving ongoing process and performance improvements across Development and IT / Change as a whole. The Development team maintain in excess of 30 bespoke applications, and is at the forefront of developing innovative new technologies to help our client continuously deliver world-class solutions to their clients and their customers.
What you will be doing as their Head of Development
- Providing strong leadership to the Development / Test and Agile functions, ensuring delivery is aligned to business expectation
- Working closely with Programme, Portfolio and Product management to set expectation with the Development team
- Lead the continuous delivery of products and services to quality, time and budget ensuring quality releases
- Manage product development within the software development and release lifecycle exploiting both Agile and Waterfall development methods where applicable
- Define and work within agreed SLA, OLA and KPI’s within team and to customers both internal and external
- Manages the development, implementation and enhancement of policies, processes and procedures that affect the organisation's short and long term goals and strategies
- Identify areas for improvement in requirements, design, testing, implementation and maintenance performed by colleagues and feed back to Stakeholders
- Motivates individuals, team and department to achieve deadlines and goals, mentoring, directing and coaching where necessary
What are they looking for in their Head of Development
- A proven ability to manage, align, direct, motivate and coach the department and lead by example.
- A proven ability to work and make decisions especially when under pressure.
- Ability to move tackle difficult problems in a professional and effective manner.
- Extensive knowledge of software development, testing and hardware environments including networking.
- Previous hands on development and test skills, in depth knowledge of development and testing best practices and current tools sets
- Well-organised, detail-oriented and able to handle and effectively prioritise multiple tasks under pressure.
The Successful Head of Development will be working in a fast-paced and cutting-edge environment. You will be managing a development and testing team of approx 50, with 20% based remotely. On offer is a highly competitive salary and superb extensive benefits including working in a beautiful office environment with onsite restaurants and chefs as well as a gym and personal trainer. Interested? Apply now for an immediate interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job