Head of Service-LAC/CP-Ongoing Contract
A Local Authority in the South East of England is looking for a Head of Service / Assistant Director who can join them on an interim basis. This is an initial 6 months contract, but it can get extended offering you stability.
This is a newly created position, because the Local Authority is working on improving their Ofsted rating. They have an Ofsted coming in so they are recruiting at the moment for experienced senior people who specialise in improvement management. As the Head of Service, you will looked after the Looked After Children and Court Work Teams.
There is a Head of Service there already, but he just got promoted from a Service Manager level. You will be mentoring the new HoS whilst improving the service.
Please apply if you are a Head of Service / Assistant Director with experience in improving services for the children services.
What NonStop Care offers:
- Your own designated consultant and one point of contact
- CV review service
- Social Work Roles throughout the UK
- Interview advice and preparation
- Consultants with Social Work experience
- A supportive team who can always deal with your queries
- IR35 Advice
What I offer:
- As the Senior Consultant for the South East of England, I have obtained a number of contacts, meaning you will have access to more job roles than your typical recruitment agency
- I work directly with Local Authorities meaning I can discuss your CV with line managers ensuring quicker feedback and hopefully placements for you
- Also I understand the market and offer a real insight into the locum or permanent market
If you're not interested at the moment perhaps you know someone who is? We offer a referral fee of £200 in high street vouchers; you could make a friend very happy and have some extra cash for yourself.
For a confidential discussion about this, or many other Social Work opportunities throughout the country, please ring for Roxana Andrei at NonStop Care, or email me your CV at
- Local Authority
- Service Manager
- service improvement
- looked after children
- Senior Manager
- court work
- Head of Service
- care proceedings
- West Sussex
- children looked after
- Assisstant Director
- improvement manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job