Head of Sales
We have been retained by our successful client, Britain’s biggest suppliers of electrical and mechanical workshop tools and machinery on a dynamic UK and International Head of Sales position.
You will develop strategies and policies to generate increased level of export sales into overseas markets and selling to a national database of dealers/distributors in markets including automotive, hire, builder’s merchants, industrial supplies and many more.
You will need experience managing, motivating and developing an established Sales team.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Administer all export of goods - plan and implement export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organisation.
- Prepare effective business plan for all projects to achieve required product volume and profit
- Negotiate contracts for sales and manage, renew and review contracts as required to enable effective trading, operations and customer relations.
- Monitor all existing and prospective markets in Europe and assist to identify appropriate business opportunities
- Plan and manage overseas sales through distributors and other relevant sales outlets
- Direct clerical staff in expediting export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections.
- Manage/liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon export activities
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export activities and support in relation to the organisation’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Prepare all export and shipping documents, and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure compliance to all organizational policies and procedures as well as adhering to local and externally relevant H&S laws and policies
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of exported material, product, and equipment within the supply chain
- Managing the sales team and all sales activities within the company, motivating staff and leading the team to achieve sales targets.
- Interviewing and selecting new members of the sales team.
- Carrying out sales training with sales executives.
- Setting sales targets and activity key performance indicators, reporting on progress towards sales KPI’s.
- Chasing leads and following up on opportunities to generate sales.
Key Skills Required:
- Proven track record of successfully managing in-house team, ideally selling technical or hard goods to stockists rather than end users.
- Experienced within Electrical/Mechanical/Tools/Machinery business within Hard finished goods
- Solid experience selling at national and international level.
- Experience of construction/engineering sales would be advantageous
- Experience negotiating wholesale trade agreements with national builder’s merchants, buying groups or major DIY companies would be ideal
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems
- Electrical Mechanical
- Industrial Supplies
- Power Tools
- Finished Goods
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"