** HEAD OF SALES **
A truly exciting opportunity to join a growing York business and undertake this brand new role within the management team.
Reporting to the MD and managing a team of internal and external sales professionals, this is a key new role within the business and is seen as the drive to unlock further growth and revenue for the company.
YOUR NEW JOB..
You will be responsible for a mix of internal and external sales professionals and at the same time be the key sales driver to grow the revenue for our client.
You will have experience in IT Hardware sales, or experience of sales to product distributors.
The key purpose of the role is to explore new sales avenues, grow existing accounts and ultimately increase company profitability.
Summary of the general nature and objectives of the job:
• To achieve budgeted levels of Gross Margin through personal selling and the sales activity of the sales team members
• To achieve supplier targets so as to retain distribution contracts and to maximise rebate opportunities
• Maintain relationships with suppliers that lead to sales opportunities
• To assess competitor activity/price management to ensure the company remains competitive
• Make contact with selected potential customers and take appropriate actions that will result in accounts being opened
• Provide appropriate personal sales action to build sales with targeted customers
• Promote the products ahead of competing brands
• Report on additional brand and product requirements of customers
• Keep internal sales team updated as to required actions and outcome of customer meetings
• Effectively pass accounts to internal sales colleagues for regular account handling
• Effectively utilise the resources of the company to win, retain and grow sales and to increase margin
• Through monitoring performance against targets ensure that the sales team is performing in line with requirements
• Monitor overall sales performance to ensure achievement of targets
• To work in partnership with the Sales Office Manager in pursuit of all objectives concerned with the sales team members
• Through sales actions avoid over stock and dead stock situations
• Request any specific marketing actions that are required that are not in the marketing plan
WHAT'S ON OFFER..
The package on offer will be highly attractive and include a car allowance, commission and benefits.
If you have the above experience and are looking for an opportunity where you can tackle a brand new role and drive a business's profitability, please apply without delay.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
- Sales Manager
- Head of Sales