Head of Sales - Media
£28-30k + Uncapped OTE £55k
Manchester City Centre
Excellent Career Progression to a Sales Director!
Must have Media Sales Experience!
Get Recruited are working with our Manchester based client who are looking an experienced Media Sales candidate to become their Head of Sales.
Due to their fast growth and popularity, they need to take the leap up to the next level in order to fuel their exciting expansion. We're looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join our dynamic team. You will initially join as the Head of Sales, with clear objectives laid out to ensure you become Commercial Director within 6 - 12 months. You will be prepared to get your hands dirty - planning and implementing overall sales strategy for the station, developing new campaign ideas, have great account management skills and be turned on by the thrill of the chase of winning new business. You will also manage our existing team, which we will be building up for the remainder of the year.
- To performance manage a sales team at the main site, this may include remote working staff
- To conduct coaching, feedback, one to ones and performance analysis for all team members
- To develop and maintain a sales plan for the 12 months ahead, identifying key activities and when they are to be delivered.
- To help develop and sell a range of packages including on and off-air advertising and sponsorship for the station, often by making new approaches to suitable organisations
- To assist with recruitment to maintain and expand the sales team in due course
- To manage your own portfolio of accounts, with your own sales target
- As Head of Sales you may also attend board meetings, presenting sales activity and feeding back on performance
- Experiencing of selling radio/media and digital products (essential)
- An understanding how advertising agencies work and the difference between servicing direct and agency clients (essential)
- You have experience of planning and managing own workload and that of teams as well as coaching teams (essential)
- Experience of line management (such as conducting performance reviews and staff related HR functions) (essential)
- The relationship between achievement of KPIs and revenue targets
- You can spot opportunities and turn this into income
- Creativity in responding to client briefs
- You are a skilled negotiator, both inside the organisation and with our customers
- You are able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Experience of interviewing and recruiting team members
- An ethos of continual improvement, with clear examples how that works in practice
- Good numeracy skills (minimum GCSE standard)
- You have experience of using basic computer software and tools
- You have experience of using Salesforce (desirable)
Do you meet these requirements? Click Apply Now and suitable candidates will be contacted immeidately.
- media sales
- business development
- sales manager
- head of sales
- team manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job