Job Title: Head of Sales, UK.
Location: National remit but based in the North of England.
Salary: Up to £50,000 plus a Car, plus annual bonus (10-20%), plus 4% pension.
Our client is a leading UK wholesaler of unique and innovative book and gift stationery ranges. Their aim is to ensure that their retail partners have the optimal ranges in store, this means quality ranges that inspire the consumer and maximise retail sales. They make it easier for retailers to sell books and they support this with their expert market knowledge and full service package.
This role is a newly created position and it reflects the consistent and well-managed growth in sales the company has enjoyed for many years. You will not be personally selling directly to clients yourself but you will be managing the existing UK Sales Team with a headcount of 12 team members.
Strategy: The Head of Sales plays a major strategic role in the sales department. You will be tasked with implementing sales strategies that further the department's agenda and drives enhanced revenue generation for the business. The Head of Sales identifies the roadmap that will lead to achievement of the company's goals as well as the overall goals of the business. The Head of Sales, along with the senior sales management, creates and implements sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPI's for the business.
Analytics: The Head of Sales utilizes analytics tools and works with the team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to senior sales management. Through your various research and analyses, as the Head of Sales you will identify areas of improvement in sales strategies with a view to establishing actionable insights for the improving of sales and business profits. You will also identify new trends ahead of the curve, hence, offering the business a competitive advantage and keeping it ahead of its competition in the market.
Collaboration: The position of Head of Sales is also highly collaborative and, as such, the Head of Sales teams up with the buying departments in creating product intelligence, affinities, display rules, trend analysis, and ensuring that these are aligned to support and drive sales and conversion.
The Head of Sales is responsible for overseeing sales activities and managing the sales teams.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Head of Sales
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Attending key meetings with members of the sales team.
- Working on account management plans with the sales account managers.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Attending monthly meetings with other senior members of the business.
- All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department.
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
- Examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvement and product mix development. Spotting market opportunities
- Overseeing the adoption of company vision and values, which forms part of the work culture.
- Mentorship role to key positions within the sales department.
Key Skills and Experience:
- You must have a wealth of experience in successfully managing sales teams ideally from a similar industry - this will include training, motivating, appraising and giving clear direction to the team.
- Experience of delivering professional sales training would be a strong advantage and you will be expected create and run a structured sales training programme for the field-based sales team.
- You should have experience of designing strategic sales plans to drive increases in sales year-on-year. A proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire the sales team members.
- You must have fantastic organisation and time management skills.
- This client likes to see longevity of previous employment so multiple jobs with multiple employers over a short period of time is not ideal.
- You should be creative, keen to contribute to the regular management meetings at the head office and also a team player who thinks about the success of the group not the individual.
You will need to travel around the North on a regular basis as well as attend head office meetings (in the midlands) on a regular basis. Please do not apply if you are restricted by factors which will affect your ability to cover a wide geographic remit.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job