Head of Sales, UK - Gift and Home brand! Up to £55,000 + bonus, London
We are working with a distinctive design led product design company that supplies unique gifts and homewares to all your well known and much-loved retailers from John Lewis and Tesco through to thousands of independent gift, card and home retailers.
They are looking for a Head of UK to join their friendly team. Managing a team of 3, this is a very hands-on role and entrepreneurial company. You will effectively be running your own company within the company and you will get every support from the team members!
For this role, you will be confident, organised and will be able to show leadership. You will be expected to train, support your team and to define the vision & strategy for the UK market.
Duties and responsibilities as Head of UK:
- Team: Managing your team and train them & identify where the gaps are and how you could close
- Creating and implementing a strategy for UK
- Evaluation of new customers opportunities
- Evaluation of new distribution/ categories opportunities for our existing products
- Set up joint business plans with customers around distribution, range, POS materials, and marketing calendar
- Managing some key and national accounts.
- Handling complaints and technical enquiries from customers, working with other departments to come to a resolve.
- Prioritising your workload by identifying the important wins within your area.
- Negotiating trading terms.
- Being able to act short term and plan long term.
- Attendance at all relevant company meetings and company trade shows.
Experience and Requirements for this Head of Sales role:
- 4+ years’ experience managing accounts for a non-food, high end or medium end brand.
- The ideal candidate would be a senior account manager who wants to step up in a more entrepreneurial structure.
- An Amazon experience is ideal; there is a lot to gain from this account and do need someone to shape a strategy up.
- We have a team ready to be guided & mentored. We need someone with knowledge to inspire them and guide them.
- A thorough understanding of the wholesale / retail relationship.
- Good knowledge of retailer trading terms e.g. margins, payment terms .
- Personality: self-starter, ambitious, think out of the box, quick learner, adaptable, organised.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Sociable with a good sense of humour and will have examples of where you have gone the extra mile for the greater good of their company!
Please contact Louisa Mordaunt for a confidential chat about this Head of Sales role.