Head of Sales and Marketing.Home, office (Worcester) and field based (national travel). £55 - 70,000 basic salary + bonus (OTE c.£100,000) + car + benefits including 29 days holiday (including bank/ public holidays), company pension etc + the opportunity to become a shareholder in the business and progress into the role of Sales Director.
The Head of Sales and Marketing (Sales and Marketing Manager, Sales Manager) will be Home / office based, but must be accessible to the head office in Worcester and happy to travel nationally to support your Sales Managers and visit clients as required. This vacancy is advertised in Bristol as this is potentially a good location.
I am recruiting a Head of Sales and Marketing (Sales and Marketing Manager, Sales Manager) to join the Senior Management Team of a B Smith Packaging (www.bsmithpackaging.co.uk), a highly successful, well established and expanding business that creates innovative and beautiful packaging solutions for major brand names and emerging businesses throughout the UK and Europe.
Reporting into the Managing Director the Head of Sales and Marketing (Sales and Marketing Manager, Sales Manager) will be responsible for the sales and marketing strategy as well as the leadership, support, development and remote management of a national sales team of 4 Sales Managers, setting and ensuring achievement of sales targets and reporting results at board level on a regular basis. Your time will be equally divided between the management your Sales Team, new business generation and senior account management.
Responsibilities of Head of Sales and Marketing (Sales and Marketing Manager, Sales Manager):
- Devise and implement the sales and marketing strategy to ensure attainment of company and individual sales goals
- Manage, lead, support and develop the National Sales Team (4 Sales Managers), supporting with the full sales cycle and ensuring sales targets and KPI’s are met.
- Monitor and report individual and team sales and profit figures on a regular basis
- New Business Development - seek out, research and penetrate new business opportunities and emerging markets
- Account Management - make regular customer visits and strengthen and develop relationships with major accounts, actively promoting the company
- Write and implement improved and standardised sales processes
- Ensure timely, accurate and competitive pricing is provided on all customer proposals while maintaining a healthy profit margin
Head of Sales and Marketing (Sales and Marketing Manager, Sales Manager) Skills/Experience required:
- 3 years+ Sales Management experience motivating, monitoring and leading a team to achieve sales targets.
- The ability to embrace modern marketing practices
- The ability to understand a complex, technical product involving an international supply chain
- An outstanding track record of personal and team sales success, managing the complete sales cycle and developing both new and existing accounts.
- Excellent commercial awareness and financial management (devising sales strategy, setting and monitoring budgets, targets, sales, GP, KPI’s etc.)
- The ability to develop and implement new sales processes and procedures to improve results
- Experience of remote management/regional management
- Excellent communication skills and a flair for business development
- Preferable - a combination of experience gained in large company (best practice and corporate training) and SME (impact and accountability)
- A full driving license
In return for your commitment as Head of Sales and Marketing (Sales and Marketing Manager, Sales Manager) you will enjoy a highly rewarding career as a key member of the Senior Management team of an expanding and progressive company who value and reward individual contribution.
Dawn O’Shea recruits directly on behalf of B Smith Packaging so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being short-listed, you will be contacted within 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.
- Business Development
- Major Accounts
- Sales Director
- Sales Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'