Do you have a health & safety qualification at degree or NEBOSH national diploma level (or equivalent)? Do you have experience in a senior health & safety role? Are you looking to progress your career in a globally recognised brand and fast paced industry?
Here at Virgin Active, we are looking for a Head of Safety to foster a strong safety culture and lead robust safety management practices across the UK business.
Reporting into the Legal Director, the main responsibilities of the Head of Safety include:
- Fostering a strong safety culture across the UK’s 43 club business, building effective relationships and working with all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Leading robust safety management practices to minimise the risk of injury to people and property, business disruption and damage to reputation.
- Providing strategic direction and guidance to the business, including reporting to the management team on safety performance
- Managing safety policy, governance, management and audit.
- Supporting the learning & development team in ensuring that appropriate safety induction and role-specific training is in place for all employees.
- Maintaining, regularly reviewing and improving the company’s safety management system ensuring that health and safety risks are identified, assessed and managed with appropriate control measures in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing relationships and interactions with external health, safety and risk management stakeholders (including the City of London as our Primary Authority, local authority environmental health teams, and Virgin Active’s insurers).
- Leading, coaching and guiding the Health, Safety and Claims Manager and Regional Health and Safety Advisor.
This is a full time role and is predominantly based at our Barbican Head Office (for c.3 days a week). In addition to this, travel to clubs is required and some working from home is available. A flexible approach to hours is required, the role includes sharing emergency "on call" duties on a rotational basis.
What we can’t live without:
To be successful as our Head of Safety, you will also have/be:
- Membership of IOSH (minimum Graduate level) and demonstration of continuous professional development or equivalent
- A Health & Safety qualification at degree or NEBOSH national diploma level (or equivalent)
- Strong experience in a Senior Health & Safety role with passion for Health & Safety management
- Excellent knowledge of current health and safety legislation, best practice and guidance
- A practical, common-sense approach with strong decision-making skills
- Strong analytical, investigative, report and policy writing skills
- Ability to drive a strategic agenda and to operationalise safety
If you have the ability and drive to take on a varied and challenging role within a high performance company with progressive values, please apply.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Discretionary annual bonus of up to 15% of salary
- Travel allowance of £525 per month
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- Health & dental care
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job