Exceptional opportunity in Portsmouth for a Head of Safety, Health and Environmental to join a truly different and unique organisation
Your new company
Our client is a company on an exciting journey that will see it organically double in size over the next 5 years. You will join a company that has embarked on a journey that has already delivered success with incremental contract wins. This business is focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south coast of England. The identity, cultural fit and value alignment will be key to your success, as the company ethos of "integrity built in" defines the entire operations.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Head of Safety, Health and Environmental to work join their Portsmouth based team.
Your new role
As Head of Safety, Health and Environmental, you will be the key adviser to the Board of Directors, Senior Managers and Staff on matters of Health, Safety, and Environmental Strategy promoting a positive and collaborative approach to improve behaviours and culture, whilst ensuring the Company complies and adheres to all current legislation, policies and procedures. Daily tasks will include:
- Overseeing the review, development, implementation and monitoring of the company's health, safety, and environmental management systems
- Ensuring that the company’s management systems comply with ISO and OHSAS UKAS accreditation standards
- Ensuring that an effective and efficient level of regular formal site inspections are undertaken
- Overseeing the review, development, implementation and monitoring of the company’s training requirements through in-house or outsourced arrangements
- Ensure all contract managers, supervisors, foreman and site managers are trained and developed to a high standard
- Keep up to date with all health, safety, and environmental legislation
- Produce management reports
The ideal candidate
As the ideal Head of Safety, Health and Environmental, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- NEBOSH and Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CIMOSH) or above
- IMEA Environmental Certificate or above
- 5 years’ experience in providing health, safety, and environmental advice in the construction and building maintenance sectors
- 5 years’ experience of managing a team
- Experience of achieving and maintaining ISO and OHSAS UKAS accredited standards
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role of Head of Safety, Health and Environmental, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Helath and Safety