Head of Retail - Leicester
PSD Sport are delighted to be working exclusively with Leicester City Football Club on the search for their new Head of Retail. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in the continued commercial growth and success of the club. The ideal candidate will be a retail specialist with a proven track record of growing sales, consistently achieving budget/targets and leading teams in dynamic sales environments.
The Role -
Overall Objective - To manage, promote and develop the Retail, Licensing and Merchandising divisions at LCFC. To grow existing revenues from the LCFC Fanstore and LCFCDirect.com, as well as generating new revenues from innovative retail licensing partnerships. Key duties will include:
- Responsibility for creating and delivering the retail 'Masterplan’ and the overall LCFC 'Retail vision’
- Prepare annual Business Plan for the Retail department, including online ticketing
- Have responsibility to ensure stock levels, inventory management, product margins, floor space profitability, staff costs and warehoused/ clearance stock are maintained within agreed annual budgets
- Managing and developing the LCFC Fanstore, along with LCFC’s retail partners/suppliers
- Responsibility for managing and developing the LCFC Direct.com website and to create successful offerings for all new digital channels
- To grow the LCFC retail footprint and revenues through innovative local, national and global partnerships, sales channels and outlets
- Manage the range development and product orders > sales for all retail items with particular focus on: replica team kit, replica training kit and LCFC-licensed products
- To create a top-class retail environment in the Fanstore with 'innovation’ at the heart of it.
- Lead and manage a large team of full time/casual staff, to consistently high levels of performance.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and product lines by managing 3rd party contracts and relationships, maintaining inventories and performing regular stock-takes
- Ensure the smooth operations of the Fanstore on a match-day and non-match day through efficient and appropriate rostering of both full-time and casual staff
- Maintain appropriate levels of store staffing by recruiting, selecting and training employees and managing the staffing costs to achieve budgets
- Efficiently manage store 'staff development’ through coaching, training, monitoring and appraising individuals vs. their KPI’s/PDP’s
- To create and develop a successful, international licensing division
- To successfully identify current and future customer retail opportunities and service them with appropriate product-lines
- To formulate all pricing/margin strategies and policies by reviewing the merchandising and sales patterns - ongoing
- To create, lead and implement LCFC retail marketing strategy. Creating targeted and distinctive marketing and sales campaigns on an ongoing basis for LCFC’s various retail/merchandising/licensing offerings
- To ensure that a 'customer-focused’ culture is maintained ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times and achieve +2% YOY Visit Football score.
- To achieve monthly/yearly targets and provide regular sales reports on activity undertaken vs. the set retail KPI’s
The Person -
- A retail specialist with a proven track record of growing sales YOY
- Experienced team manager
- A demonstrable record of consistently achieving sales targets and budgets
- Minimum of eight years’ experience of working in a dynamic sales environment, within the retail industry
- Educated to degree level
- Strong IT/Retail system/computer skills
- Interest in the football/sports/leisure industry
- Business Plan
- Marketing Strategy