Head of Residential Property - Sevenoaks
Head of Residential Conveyancing / Solicitor / Legal Executive
To be responsible for managing a caseload of conveyancing cases to a high standard. To manage the transactions pro-actively through to exchange and completion while ensuring exceptional levels of client care.
As part of our residential property team this is a fee earning role requiring high standards of accuracy and efficiency with confident delivery of day to day conveyancing requirements. The ability to handle transactional work is a must as is the ability to develop existing and new client relationships.
The department is well established and is an integral part of the future plans for the firm. As such there will be a requirement to develop existing relationships with clients and external sources such as estate agents whilst contributing towards to the successful development of the department in line with the business plan.
Having a collegiate and collaborative approach to the team and the wider firm is also important.
Required knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will have 2-5 years PQE and be currently working as a conveyancer managing high case loads with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
To be successful the candidate will have good team working and collaborative skills. We expect to see client care at the centre of everything we do and for our lawyers to have a commercial approach to their work.
* Process instructions in accordance with established procedures of both good practice and the firm's case management system
* Deliver strong client service through effective communication with clients and pro-active management of cases
* Assist in marketing activities and maintain appropriate professional relationships with referrers, etc
* Effect financial controls with particular regard to accurate preparation of completion statements and bills and the effective collection of monies on account
* Ensure confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information
* Adhere to firm and SRA risk and compliance practices
* Supervise the work of any more junior staff involved in the conveyancing process
* Promote and support the firm's core values and branding
* Assist in the development and marketing of the firm in line with the contents of the business and departmental plans
* To provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department, meeting and exceeding billing targets
* Qualified solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or Legal Executive with up to 5 year's PQE or equivalent with proven experience
* Experience of working with case management systems
* Excellent organisational skills
* Confident and approachable manner
* Self sufficient and able to work with minimum supervision
* Ability to relate to clients at all levels and demonstrate excellent levels of client care
* Good team player with collegiate and collaborative approach
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to forge and develop business relationships with an enthusiasm for networking and business development
* Commercial acumen and appreciation of financial fundamentals
* Genuine desire to be involved in the future growth plans for the firm
The firm has a comprehensive set of core competencies that represent the behaviours we require from all staff within the firm. Incorporated within this framework are our core values of;
* Honesty and integrity
* Open to change
* Pursuit of excellence
* Support of others
The core values are central to the ethics of our firm and must be displayed to the highest level at all times. The individual core competencies aligned to this role are;
* Expanding the Business
* Professional Development
* Organisational Skills
* Building Rapport
* Fostering Teamwork
* File Management
* Good Business Practice
* Motivational Support
If you have the necessary skills and experience please apply with your CV today for immediate consideration for interview.
Please contact Jonathan Hoose, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions in London and the South East.
- Residential Property Conveyancing