Head of Research and Assessment Services (Maternity Cover)
Our client is a highly successful psychology based consulting business based in Bristol. Their purpose is to enhance leadership, employee engagement and performance in their client organisations; helping people and organisations to thrive.
Our clients core capabilities as a consultancy are leadership assessment and development, building and measuring engagement, leadership team coaching and people analytics.
They are recruiting for a talented individual with significant experience in research, analytics and/or assessment services to join their team, initially on a maternity cover contract for 12 months, but with the possibility of extension to a permanent role depending on the person and business performance.
The core responsibilities for the Head of Research and Assessment roleare:
- Leading the Research and Assessment Services department to achieve its targets and grow profitability.
- Leading and conducting a wide range of client projects, such as employee engagement surveys, qualitative organisational research projects, psychometric validation studies, people and performance analytics and leadership development projects.
- Contributing to our clients Management Team.
- Developing and managing a small team, ensuring that all team members are fully enabled and supported to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Overseeing the technical and operational quality of their research, people analytics and assessment services, including managing key supplier relationships.
- Developing the department’s products and offering in line with best practice and industry standards.
- Generating new business by responding to incoming enquiries, using your external networks and leading on outgoing marketing for the department in order to generate further opportunities.
You will be based in their Bristol office. However occasional regional or international travel will be required for client based projects. There is also some opportunity for working from home depending on client/ team demands.
This is a full-time role with a degree of flexibility. They support agile and flexible ways of working that allow for the best outcomes for their people and their clients.
You will need substantial experience in organisational research methods and analytics (either psychological research or market research) as well as the ability to translate findings into business-relevant insights and actions.
You will have proven ability to develop new business, lead projects, influence clients at all levels and deliver results in sometimes challenging circumstances.
Confidence in working alongside senior business stakeholders is also required, ideally with experience of interacting with business leaders.
Effective team working skills and the ability to build and sustain relationships with clients are central requirements.
Required and desirable qualifications and experience:
- Masters level qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. occupational/ business psychology, research methods, people analytics)
- Experience in managing or coaching/mentoring others
- Qualification in social, psychological or market research and/or analytics (desirable)
- BPS accreditation in psychometric test use (TUOP or Level A & B) (desirable)
- Product development experience (desirable)
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment (desirable)
- Experience in selection and developmental assessment (desirable)
Head of Research and Assessment Services Benefits
- 28 days holiday
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Private medical insurance (optional)
- Bike to work
- Onsite office Cafe
- Onsite gym (Discounted rate)
- Discounted corporate bus travel
If you feel you are suitable for the Head of Research and Assessment Services role, please apply now!
Consultant, Senior Consultant, Psychologist, Analyst