The work so far has attracted a lot of attention from high profile investors, and the series A investors that helped fund the company also use the current platform to execute automated trades.
We are a global team of people who have come together because we want our place of work to be fast-paced, creative, challenging, diverse and impactful.
The culture is democratic and open to all genders, persuasions, races, identities and orientations. We respect each other and trust each other. Everyone in the company comes from a different background, so it is important to be open-minded and be willing to have your ideas challenged on a frequent basis. The team is a hybrid mixture of different backgrounds ranging from Computer Science to Machine Learning and Statistics.
The product is a custom tool based on advanced Machine Learning and Deep Learning principles, that takes data from several different sources including news data and trading signals and automates trading decisions of the back of this. This product is profitable, but they are looking at pushing this further forward and developing an even more advanced platform to complement the one already in use. The plan is for the next additions to the team to develop this new solution over the course of 2018.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As the Head of Research, you will lead our research effort, including analysis of large sets of data and implementation of innovative algorithms across numerous markets we operate in around the globe. This requires:
* Leadership and hands-on development of the existing platform
* Managing a Junior Data Scientist and helping to collaborate on platform development
* Working closely with the product owners to develop the data strategy moving forwards
* Representing the client in front of high-profile customers and investors
* Working closely with C-level stakeholders
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 4 years of Experience in Machine Learning
* PhD in machine learning, statistics or applied maths
* Professional experience with Python/R and their scientific stacks
* Hands on experience of querying data in SQL
* Preferable to have experience of coding in Java
* Experience working in a start-up or similar environment is preferred
* Somebody who loves what they do and is passionate about data
* Somebody who is open to being challenged daily
- Artificial Intelligence
- machine learning
- deep learning