Our client is a leading multi-discipline construction and property consultancy. They provide a range of services to the UK building and construction industry.
They are now seeking a highly credible and articulate individual with strong leadership skills to manage and develop their Integrated Management Systems. This includes the management of internal and external audits in line with ISO Standards, and leading in the identification, development and management of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
This is a stand-alone role and therefore you should be used to a hands-on approach while maintaining a strategic overview.
As a Senior position, this is more than simple compliance auditing -
The appropriate person will be expected to proactively identify business improvement opportunities and be comfortable working both strategically with senior leadership as well as pragmatically in the deployment and auditing of the Management System with members across the Group.
You will be a certified Quality Auditor and an ISO 9001, 140001 and 18001 Lead Assessor and have previously worked within a construction consultancy environment.
Sound experience with and knowledge of IT systems will be highly desirable as well as experience and/or knowledge of ISO 27001 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
Areas of Responsibility -
- Ensuring compliance with and value from the British Standards to which the Firm is registered including BS EN ISO 9001 and 14001 and OHSAS
- Forward planning for Risk Assessment and Mitigation and Business Improvement Opportunities
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Related Controls and Reporting
- Data Security assessments and Data Management
- General Data Protection Regulations Compliance
- Develop and maintain current register of applicable legislation and ensure business compliance with that legislation
- Improve on the efficiency of the current systems
- Deliver efficient and un-bureaucratic compliance solutions
- Any other responsibility that is reasonably asked of you.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes -
- Certified Quality Auditor
- ISO Lead Assessor in 9001, 14001, 18001 and preferably 27001
- Experience in similar role in Construction environment
- Knowledge of the various specialisms covered within the Firm
- Able to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross functional activities and projects
- Able to work independently while building solid cross functional relationships
- Resilient and tenacious and able to work under pressure and get things done
- Able to test and challenge current thinking and formulate new practice and policies
- Has a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience in the principles of Lean Six Sigma may be useful but is not essential
- Gravitas and ability to influence senior decision makers
- Experience of SSIP and external certification, eg CHAS, EXOR, Construction line etc would be helpful
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only successful applicants will be responded to.
- Construction Industry
- Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity
- Legal Compliance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job