The company is an SME who have direct sales operations in the UK and South Africa and work with independent distributors in approx. 80 other worldwide markets.
As the Head of Purchasing your duties will be to:
• Establish and maintain outstanding relationships with existing new vendors, most of which are based in China. This will involve 2 – 3 visits per year for 2 weeks at a time.
• Work with vendors to steadily improve quality and ensure that we are able to source THE MOST competitive process possible.
• Work very closely with our sales, planning, RA & QC departments to ensure a seamless supply chain.
• Audit vendors on an audit basis.
To be a successful Head of Purchasing you will have the following skills and experience:
• An experienced procurement / purchasing professional.
• Long term and excellent knowledge of Chinese manufacturing.
• Experience and connections in the single-use medical devices sector.
• Able to speak / understand Mandarin & / or Cantonese.
• Be a qualified auditor.
In return, the Head of Purchasing will receive a salary of £40,000 - £60,000 per annum plus many benefits such as a pension.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.