Head Of Property - Derby
Head of Property - Derby
Pay: £37 ph umbrella
Hours:37 hour week
Duration: 3 month +
Scope: Inside IR-35
My Local Authority strengthened the corporate property function in April 2018 when the Property department was formed within the Corporate Resources Directorate to bring together the following services;
- Estates Management
- Strategic Asset Management
- Building Maintenance
- Property Design and Construction Projects
- Facilities Management
As well as improving the use of our assets in the delivery of public services and achieving financial efficiencies, a key driver for establishing a dedicated Director of Property role was to strengthen support for Derby’s growth and development by leveraging property to accelerate housing and regeneration targets.
A key priority for the new Director of Property was the integration of teams to adopt a property life cycle approach to day to day management of buildings and delivery of changes to align the estate with changing business needs. The department has adopted a more systematic approach to asset planning (5 year Asset Management Plan approved September 2018), is getting to grip with statutory health and safety compliance and has increased the pace of operational delivery.
This is a multi-layered role requiring a rich blend of professional, managerial and leadership skills to deliver specific targets and help shape and influence the future model for delivering services. Experienced at managing and developing services to meets the needs of customers is key to succeed in this senior role. Managing in a corporate and political environment with skills and experience in project management and dealing with organisational change effectively are also essential. The successful candidate will be confident managing technical experts and senior colleagues, working with specialist consultants and advisors as well as leading commercial negotiations on behalf of my client.
Reporting to the Director of Property, the Head of Property will be a member of the Property DMT accountable for;
- Responsible for ensuring buildings health and safety risks are actively managed an the council remains complaint with all statutory requirements.
- Planning, leading and delivering the Property Service Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Co-ordinating preparation of MTFP budget saving plans and monitor achievement.
- Co-ordinate achievement of business plan objectives and facilitate regular update of targets.
- Setting up a departmental performance management framework with monthly reports to Property DMT and relevant corporate dashboard reports.
- Developing and managing effective business support and project management resources.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'