Fixed Term. Warrington. 2 years . £45K-£48,560 Per annum
Developer required to lead a small team of devs and set up and manage the capabilities, processes and tools required to undertake development of digital services in a modern way. You will be a key member of the IT leadership team helping shape the Target Operating Model for technology delivery. The core focus of this role will be delivery of the business transformation programme and the development of skills needed to deliver this step-change in capability within the organasation.
- Manage a systems engineering team that design, build and support software applications as part of a multi-function digital delivery capability for the programme.
- Set the standards, tools and processes to support efficient and high-value systems development and management on behalf of the programme.
- Develop the capability by facilitating internal mobility, shape career paths, recruit talent making sure they collaborate.
- Use both extensive technical knowledge and experience to determine the appropriate approach and methodology, deploying innovative agile techniques to reduce the overall project technical risk and deliver to within cost, time, scope and quality constraints for the programme.
- Mentor and coach less experienced developers to strengthen the internal capability level. They will also work with and manage external vendors, ensuring we get good value delivery from those suppliers and also that knowledge transfer happens into the internal development team to remove supplier reliance in the longer term.
- Be accountable for successful delivery of new and innovative technology services to quality, time and budget on large scale, complex project/programme.
- Manage successful delivery outcomes across all stages of the development lifecycle of the project, making sure that products at all stages are fit for purpose, fully tested and meet agreed performance levels.
- Lead the implementation of the technology changes into the Production / Live estate whilst maintaining a stable live service.
- Execute delivery using a blend of waterfall and AGILE delivery techniques as appropriate.
Skills and experience
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined technology teams, Experience of managing a systems development team and uplifting their capability
- Solid experience of assuring high quality outcomes via methodologies range from peer reviews, to automated testing tools and behavior driven development
- Experience of delivering systems using traditional platforms such as client-server and mainframe and delivering newer digital solutions that align to the requirements of the Government Digital Service.
- A solid background in the delivery of technology solutions evidenced through prior experience. This should include a wide range of technologies from configuration of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf products through to bespoke development.
Programming languages and environments (e.g. .Net, Java and API repositories), middleware and integration tools, Identity & Access Management solutions, enterprise products (such as Content Management systems, CRM, ERP, etc).
For more information please apply now
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
- LEAD DEVELOPER
- HEAD OF DEVELOPMENT
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job