Head of Product Development
A Head of Product Development is needed to join a consumer goods company with global reach that in its industry needs no introduction, developing some of the hottest brands around. Following an in-depth strategic review, the company is expanding its innovation capability and seeks a top tier Head of Product Development to manage the creation, design and development of unique, innovative and award-winning products.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director, the Head of Product Development will oversee the innovation funnel from concept to launch, working with manufacturing to create exceptional products at the lowest possible cost. Your task is to build and inspire an industry leading Product Development Team, celebrated and feted for their work. You will be responsible for managing the innovation process ensuring project teams deliver to each gate on time. With a natural empathy and understanding for integrating aesthetics, features and functions, you ooze an enthusiasm for product development which inspires those around you. It goes without saying that your teams thrive under your leadership!
Our client has thought deeply about the person they are seeking. To up the ante in their industry, the Head of Product Development will demonstrate:
- Exceptional product development experience in a fast paced, design-led business, ideally within youth products or toys;
- A track record of managing the creation, design and development of unique, innovative and award-winning products achieved through an expert grasp of the design process and manufacturing techniques;
- Motivated, adaptable self-starter with strong leadership skills;
- Leadership and management of a product design/engineering team to deliver products that fully satisfy the brief, within budget and on time;
- A Product Design qualification or equivalent;
- A passion for understanding consumers;
- A strong awareness in the latest trends and brands;
- An exceptional networker who rapidly builds relationships within and outside your company, pointing to exceptional success through an open innovation approach that has inventors beating a path to your door, whether you might be interested or not;
- Comfort working at senior level with partner organisations, representing your company in critical meetings and winning through.
In return, the Head of Product Development can expect a culture that is fast-paced, ambitious, social and stimulating within an office populated by talented and enthusiastic people who thrive on producing exceptional solutions in an environment they truly love to be in.
- Product Design
- Product Development
- Product Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job