The Head of Product Development is responsible delivering our Clients products. You will be a critical team member supporting the Founder with realistic time frames and development plans, to help understand the feasibility of new innovations from a cost, technical and timescale perspective.
Given the nature of our primary products, this requires a solid multi-disciplinary understanding, particularly across plastics, electronics, hardware and software, from design through to manufacture, in high volume environments. You will work hand in hand with other departments to deliver the product vision and assume ownership of the product through delivery.
As an experienced team member, you will also have a prominent role in defining and delivering the company’s product roadmap.
We are looking for someone with passion, dynamism, and energy, as well as the experience to set efficient process.
- Can be defined in one line: To own the delivery of our products
- Lead and manage our technical product development activities
- Work with Product Management and other internal stakeholders (including the Founder) to create and manage a development strategy that supports the product roadmap
- Be a thought leader and create plans for future proofing the business
- Lead initiatives in the areas IP creation
- Manage resourcing and work estimation of projects in collaboration with the project manager and in-line with product development priorities
- Promote a policy of peer review and technical challenge within the team to ensure delivery of the product
- Issue regular reports detailing development status, performance, resourcing and quality
- Drive production of technical specifications and own the review process
- Review and approve product reliability documentation and testing
- Act as an escalation point and manage issue resolution
- Drive lessons learnt and an environment of continuous improvement
- Be a champion for working smart, efficiently, effectively, and constantly looking to improve speed of delivery
- Cost and budgetary management
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience managing consumer electronics product development activities
- Good degree qualification in a related technical subject, ideally Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Embedded Software
- A track record of experience with Contract manufactures and launching far-eastern made high volume products
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely and managing engineers using waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Significant experience working in a management capacity in a fast-paced entrepreneurial technology based business
- You may be from a program management or technical team leadership background
- Consumer Electronics
- Agile Methodologies
- Contract Manufacturing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job