Head of Product Development (6 Month FTC)
£DOE (Discussed at application)
Are you an immediately available IT Professional looking for your next opportunity? Do you have experience operating at Department Manager level in an area ideally including systems development & systems project delivery?
If so, Opus Energy have an exciting opportunity to join our growing IT function, initially for a 6 month period, as Head of Product Development and we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the IT Director, this role is responsible for the evolution of our IT applications across Opus Energy, ensuring that they are developed to meets the needs of the business. There will be a heavy focus on people management in this role and ensuring that individuals within our development team are motivated and utilised to their full extent.
As the Head of Product Development key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring that the development of improvements to our internal product suite, ESS, is planned and executed efficiently
- Managing the department to ensure it has the capabilities and processes to deliver the improvements that have been committed to the respective Programme Boards
- Maintaining an effective relationship with IT Service Management to support the transition of system improvements into production
- A key member of the IT senior leadership team
- The management of a department of circa 30 FTE including performance reviews, recruitment and ongoing professional development.
The ideal candidate will possess substantial experience of managing an IT department ideally with a focus on IT systems development. A good understanding of the software development process is required, alongside the ability to operate at a strategic level, leaving tactical decisions to the managers in the team. Hands on experience and confidence managing people is essential for the role, utilising effective interpersonal and communication skills to guide the department forward. Due to the visibility of this role it is vital that the successful candidate can effectively communicate and influence senior stakeholders both within and outside the IT function.
If you're looking for your next opportunity within a rapidly growing company, please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job