A London based trust of schools is looking to recruit a CIPS qualified Head of Procurement as soon as possible. The role will be based at the central offices with occasional travel to their large network of schools - so multi site/decentralised experience is a must.
Central & Trust Office contracts
- Lead the Procurement team in managing all centrally held contracts such as insurance, utilities, ICT and other major contracts where the cost base can be minimised.
- Champion timely end-to-end procurement processes (tendering, negotiation of pricing, contracts, SLAs and KPIs), stakeholder and supplier relationship management and regular meetings and supplier and contract reviews.
- Working with the team to ensure that commercial negotiations and contracts are properly managed and tracked over the life of the projects
Procurement Framework Agreements
- Review the current framework agreements on a regular basis to ensure suppliers and contractual arrangements reflect operating environments, have terms and conditions and represent best value for money in each category.
- Identify, define, implement and manage further framework agreements to manage supplier risk and enhance value for money across all schools.
- Liaise with schools to select suppliers in line with schools requirements and ensure technical details are aligned with financial efficiency.
- Lead on the process to identify, define, implement and manage preferred suppliers lists where the number of suppliers used across the schools can be rationalised and savings made.
- Work with the Procurement Category Manager to support the schools in other contract management queries and tender requirements as per the procurement policy.
Audit Committee, reports and policies
- Ensure that all updates, audit requirements and application of recommendations are prepared in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the internal/external auditors on findings and management responses.
- Bring to the attention of SMT and Audit Committee any particular risk identified or areas of opportunities that require high-level consultation.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- Assist the Finance Director and the wider SMT with specific procurement requests as required.
- Lead the procurement work stream on any business development projects (mergers and acquisitions) and ensure that any necessary actions are promptly dealt with.
- Ensure that all information and documentation available online is consistently up-to-date and that all relevant staff members are properly trained.
- Lead, develop and motivate the Procurement team to deliver a best-in-class procurement service to the key stakeholders
- Heads and Directors of Finance & Operations at the schools
- Senior Management Team at Head Office
- Audit Committee
- In-house Legal & Finance teams
- CIPS Qualified
- Head of Procurement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job